Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #30182
View in linear mode

Subject: "wobbly pullies..is this ok?" Previous topic | Next topic
SPL_EclipseAug-14-02 07:51 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30182, "wobbly pullies..is this ok?"

a few days ago i posted about my power steering belt slipping off all the time. well, my belt slipped off agin today, and while it was off i took some time to inspect everything and found that both my a/c compressor and tensioner pullies are kind of loose. its not bad; i can only wobble them around a little bit, but could this be causing my problem?

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSAug-14-02 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30183, "RE: wobbly pullies..is this ok?"
In response to Reply # 0

There should be a bolt on the end you can tighten, maybe this has loosened up. There probably will be a little play in it, just as long as it's not too much (I knoe this was of little help).

Una salus victus.
He will triumph, who knows when to fight, and when not to fight. - Sun Tzu

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All motor in the making.

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730, Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: P&P Milled Head, Rear Disc Brakes, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KarlAug-14-02 04:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#30184, "RE: wobbly pullies..is this ok?"
In response to Reply # 0

yes, it's kinda bad. Each tensioner belt has a lock bolt and a loosening/tightening bolt. You must first untighten the lock bolt and then tighten the the tightening bolt to make the belt tighter. After doing so, you need to retighten the lock bolt. If you tighten the lock bolt enough, the tensioner pulley will no longer "wobble". Good luck.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #30182 Previous topic | Next topic