Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #21255
View in linear mode

Subject: "You guy's opinion on Phantom Grip???" Previous topic | Next topic
96vengerApr-24-02 06:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21255, "You guy's opinion on Phantom Grip???"

I am thinking about getting this. I found a deal.
But I have heard bad things about this, Not holding all the time, around turns, stuff like that.
I also heard of a guy blowing his out at like 16psi or maybe it was 12psi but anyway, What do you guys think of this????
Is it worth the money, I will not be paying but almost half of the price new.
Oh yeah will it work for 5spd or auto's only??

Thanks
Mark

Mark Dollar
Stage 3-4 Turbo
See my White Avenger @
WWW.Armond30.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

fly1Apr-24-02 11:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21256, "RE: You guy's opinion on Phantom Grip???"
In response to Reply # 0

I've heard some bad things about, too. Also, supposedly, it's not good for FWD cars. It's not that it doesn't work (it does); I've heard it's not reliable.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AApr-25-02 12:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21257, "RE: You guy's opinion on Phantom Grip???"
In response to Reply # 1

Greg has one on his car and he is one of the boosted guys on the board currently running 12's with a Star Kit and built engine. I am currently having a similar unit to the PG custom made to my differential and DarkOne is doing the same thing also. If you are interested in this conversion then contact Super20G as he set this all up for us. With the PG which is made and sent out to be installed there are production tolerance differences so it's not a PERFECT fit like it should be and can cause problems. I have also heard of some problems but I have heard good things too. You always do hear more problems than you do praises anyway. Once I get my differential back and finish rebuilding the tranny I'll swap them out and let everyone know what I think.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

TeamJasonESi_TApr-25-02 01:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#21258, "Hey Kyle..."
In response to Reply # 2

I hadn't heard about this custom PG being made. Do you know how much this is going to cost?

Thanks!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #21255 Previous topic | Next topic