Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137781
View in linear mode

Subject: "radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC" Previous topic | Next topic
turbosruleMar-07-13 12:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137781, "radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC"

Whats up guy's?
I saw a "all metal" OE replacement pic. on here from radiatorbarn.com
So the one they sent me has plastic end tanks and made in china..:/

The site say's ALL METAL and the pic I saw on here was all metal,anyone know if they were ordered under something other then Eclipse ?

Hahn,Wiseco,Eagle,MSD,TurboXs
K&N,mopar,AEM,Greddy,Vortex,apexi and a bunch of other stuff..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-07-13 08:06 PM, #1
RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC, turbosrule, Mar-07-13 08:10 PM, #2
      RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC, turbosrule, Mar-07-13 09:53 PM, #3
           RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC, SilvrEclips, Mar-08-13 06:41 AM, #4
                RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC, VelocitaPaola, Mar-08-13 11:07 AM, #5
                     RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC, turbosrule, Mar-08-13 01:33 PM, #6
                          RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC, 0Boost, May-01-13 10:47 AM, #7

AdministratorCODE4Mar-07-13 08:06 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137784, "RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC"
In response to Reply # 0

Did you contact them about it?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbosruleMar-07-13 08:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#137785, "RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-07-13 08:12 PM by turbosrule

Originally posted by CODE4
Did you contact them about it?

So radiatorbarn used to sell metal oe replacements for our cars..

pretty cool huh.

but when my radiator came this morning it was a single row w/plastic end tanks.
So I emailed them.I told 'em what happened and that there web site stated that it was ALL METAL.
I asked maybe did I order the wrong one?

So by the end of day no email reply. I called them. told them everything I put on my email,he said we don't have all metal radiators,I said then why does it say you do on your website?

He asked what car is it for,he then looked it up and said if you look in the notes it says "plactic" end tanks..

what the hell?? that is not what I ordered it said ALL METAL..
He said well nobody has edited the site in along time..
I must be losing my mind...! "Sorry sir." he said.

Wait that's right I copied (printscreen) when I placed my order..

He said email me that pic to me,,"Ugh,I guess they must have edited the website this morning.?"

Ya think..!?

Man I felt like he was playing w/my mind.. :screwloose:
How frustrating.. :mad:

turbosruleMar-07-13 09:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#137786, "RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC"
In response to Reply # 2

end up getting a refund

SilvrEclipsMar-08-13 06:41 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#137787, "RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC"
In response to Reply # 3

Whats wrong with the plastic endtanks? My stock rad help up over 10 years before having to replace it. I dont think you will find one with metal endtanks anywhere.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

VelocitaPaolaMar-08-13 11:07 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#137788, "RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by SilvrEclips
Whats wrong with the plastic endtanks? My stock rad help up over 10 years before having to replace it. I dont think you will find one with metal endtanks anywhere.

My stock radiator lasted for about 9-10 years too, but the plastic end tanks were the failure point. They became brittle and the top one formed a huge crack. I replaced it with an all metal radiator from RadiatorBarn.com 8 years ago and haven't had a problem since. It's a shame they don't sell all metal units anymore.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

turbosruleMar-08-13 01:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#137790, "RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by VelocitaPaola
Originally posted by SilvrEclips Whats wrong with the plastic endtanks? My stock rad help up over 10 years before having to replace it. I dont think you will find one with metal endtanks anywhere.
My stock radiator lasted for about 9-10 years too, but the plastic end tanks were the failure point. They became brittle and the top one formed a huge crack. I replaced it with an all metal radiator from RadiatorBarn.com 8 years ago and haven't had a problem since. It's a shame they don't sell all metal units anymore.

My radiator in my 96 is fine the whole car is,Its my daughter 420a that is leaking..it has a denso radiator we just got the car for her, It will be on its 3rd radiator,so there is some failure going on..

I'm going to donate my stock one to her and come up with something for mine.

After searching the forums is how I ended up @ radiaterbarn.
Just wanted to give a heads up for the next would be,it really is a shame the all metal units are no more!

0BoostMay-01-13 10:47 AM
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
16 posts,
#137869, "RE: radiatorbarn.com PLASTIC"
In response to Reply # 6

sorry to bring up an old post but i was talking to a co-worker that used to work for 1800radiator. and he was telling me if you call them up and tell them you want a radiator thats all metal, they will make it for you. might cost a little extra though but would be nicer than plastic tanks.

98 Eclipse GS - DD/Project car/Money shredder.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137781 Previous topic | Next topic