Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137641
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tachometer signal in base eclipse" Previous topic | Next topic
spikekautzJan-14-13 10:23 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2012
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137641, "Tachometer signal in base eclipse"

I have posted on this subject once before without much luck but figured it couldn't hurt to try again. Does anyone know where to get a tach signal on a base model eclipse for the most part it's like a gs or rs it lacking in features, one being a tachometer. I have been trying to figure out where to acquire a signal to operate the tach I bought but have been unable to figure it out. I have tried the wires leading up to the ignition coil which even with all the proper hardware only gives me a half signal to the tach and I have also tried the wire that sunpro told me to splice into which is in pin 73 off the PCM. So I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has any ideas on the subject.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Jan-15-13 01:41 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137642, "RE: Tachometer signal in base eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

What result did you get after grabbing pin 73? That is where the factory cluster tach signal originates from. If that does not work for you, you may need to use a different gauge.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

spikekautzJan-15-13 04:41 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2012
31 posts,
#137646, "RE: Tachometer signal in base eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

Pin 73 gave me no signal, the only signal I was able to receive was straight off the coil on the black wire with a blue stripe. This only provided a half feed though even after wiring a tach adapter in, I've been trying to talk to sunpro about it but its been slow going.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-17-13 07:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#137649, "RE: Tachometer signal in base eclipse"
In response to Reply # 2

It may not actually be pin 73. Regardless of pin number, you want the only solid white wire in the ECU harness.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137641 Previous topic | Next topic