Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #128618
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
xSL45HxNov-06-09 09:31 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2009
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128618, "Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!"

After i replaced an old idle air controller on my 96 rs, my engine fails to fire.. it turns over... but doesnt fire!! i tried replacing the IAC with my old one both pin in and out no luck... and with the new IAC pin in and out and still no luck!! she ran fine prior to the replacement, i had to drive it to autozone to go get some carb cleaner and yes the throttle body and any component i came into contact with was dried and free of carb cleaner. another thing to point out is that my ECU makes this little buzzing/beeping/whining noise when the key is on maybe that has something to do with the problem???

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!, halfasss101, Nov-07-09 12:36 AM, #1
RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!, justins71, Nov-07-09 10:20 AM, #2
RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!, AdministratorCODE4, Nov-07-09 10:40 AM, #3
RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!, RoninEclipse2G, Nov-07-09 12:35 PM, #4
RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-08-09 03:38 AM, #6
      RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!, taclipse, Nov-08-09 12:56 PM, #7
RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!, xSL45Hx, Nov-07-09 08:03 PM, #5
      RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!, halfasss101, Nov-09-09 12:46 AM, #8

halfasss101Nov-07-09 12:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128619, "RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

IAC wont cause that kind of problem. You can start the car without an IAC but it wont idle unless you give it gas. You sure it is your ECU making noise? Have you actually had someone put the key in and put your ear next to it listen? Also try resetting ECU if you haven't already. Any check engine lights? If you can get it to autozone, kragen, or some place like that, they will diagnose it for free. Or if you cant get it there, fork out 70 bucks (+/- a few bucks) use it, then take it back. If you see any codes that pop up and it just gives you a number ECU error codes can be found in the info and specs link at the top of the page. Let us know. All you can do is check everything. Check all connections around throttle body sensors and such. Don't go blowing money on stuff you may not need until you have tried anything and everything you and us on here can think of. Good luck and keep us posted. Good luck
Cameron

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

justins71Nov-07-09 10:20 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#128624, "RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

That noise is normal, not sure exactly what it is but I first noticed it after I shut the engine down one day with the hood open and heard a high-pitched sort of noise from the ECU. Asked around and it's normal, something to do with the diagnostic, caps discharging... I dunno.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

AdministratorCODE4Nov-07-09 10:40 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#128625, "RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by xSL45Hx
After i replaced an old idle air controller on my 96 rs, my engine fails to fire.. it turns over... but doesnt fire!!

By saying it does not fire have you actually checked the plugs during cranking to verify they are not lighting off?

And as mentioned above not having an IAC is fine. I do not run an IAC on my car. Several member do not have one hooked up.

---

2012 2500HD LML

RoninEclipse2GNov-07-09 12:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#128628, "RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Double check all your harness connections in that area. you may have bumped something while you were changing the IAC and not realized it. It's probably something as simple as a loose cam sensor plug or coil plug

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratorbullettdsmNov-08-09 03:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#128635, "RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
It's probably something as simple as a loose cam sensor plug or coil plug

Look here ^^^first.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

taclipseNov-08-09 12:56 PM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
#128636, "RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

dont forget the asd relay.

xSL45HxNov-07-09 08:03 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2009
3 posts,
#128634, "RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by CODE4
Originally posted by xSL45Hx After i replaced an old idle air controller on my 96 rs, my engine fails to fire.. it turns over... but doesnt fire!!
By saying it does not fire have you actually checked the plugs during cranking to verify they are not lighting off? And as mentioned above not having an IAC is fine. I do not run an IAC on my car. Several member do not have one hooked up.

The wires and plugs are new, but they are not getting any spark. I'm new to this eclipse I just bought it a few weeks ago so I'm still trying to find my way around it. I'm having a friend come out and help me with it I'm all out of ideas.. And money lol

halfasss101Nov-09-09 12:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#128638, "RE: Problem after IAC replacement!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Check Cam position sensor. Very easy. Only sensor coming out of the side of your head/valve cover next to the intake tube. Just make sure the harness to the sensor isn't loose. I'm sure it is just a loose connection somewhere. Check harness for coil pack also.

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #128618 Previous topic | Next topic