Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #121334
View in linear mode

Subject: "wow I feel like an idiot" Previous topic | Next topic
Abstract_Zer0Sep-14-06 02:19 PM
Member since Jun 27th 2003
60 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121334, "wow I feel like an idiot"

I cant believe that I cant figure out how to add a sig pic. I even had to search for the shit and couldnt even find at I needed there. I guess normal HTML doesnt work on here?

Plz help a tard out...

Abstract_zer0
99 Eclipse GS - (sold)
81 stingray - my new baby

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

96rs-tSep-14-06 02:28 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121335, "RE: wow I feel like an idiot"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-14-06 02:28 PM by 96rs-t

you need to host the picture first. Go to imageshack.us, host a pic, use the html for the forums they provide.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Sep-14-06 03:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#121336, "RE: wow I feel like an idiot"
In response to Reply # 1

Step 1: Size the picture. Don't make it too big or your posts will be annoying to others and you'll hear all about it.

Step 2: Find someplace to host the image - BrokeOff.com, Imageshack, Mustangmods, etc.

Step 3: Once it's hosted, view the picture and note the URL ().

Step 4: Copy the link and paste it in the field for signature under your profile. Keep an eye out for a little check box that says something like, "Make signature editable," and be sure it's not checked. Otherwise, any time someone quotes you, they have to edit out your freaking sig pic from the message.

Step 5: Make a post in the test forum to see if your sig works, or visit a thread you've already posted in and see if it's showing up.

All there is to it. We don't use IMG tags on this forum.

Abstract_Zer0Sep-22-06 04:36 PM
Member since Jun 27th 2003
60 posts,
#121337, "RE: wow I feel like an idiot"
In response to Reply # 2

I already had the pic on a free host (photobucket) and I tried everything I know to post it (IMG, a href, and tags) none of them worked...I still cant figure this shit out

Abstract_zer0
99 Eclipse GS - (sold)
81 stingray - my new baby

cc8ballaSep-22-06 05:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#121338, "RE: wow I feel like an idiot"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Abstract_Zer0
I still cant figure this shit out

Just paste the exact link directly in the field where it says signature. I believe DR1665 explained it quite well. There is no need for IMG tags or anything on this board.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

TeamDR1665Sep-23-06 08:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#121339, "RE: wow I feel like an idiot"
In response to Reply # 3

Are you trying to put it in from work after hosting it from home? I can not see anything from Photobucket when I'm at work. Just a thought. Sounds like you should be doing the linking right, but there is some other problem affecting you. Try using another image, any image from the web, as your sig and see if you can get it to show up that way. If you can make this image work as your sig:

Then it's likely that you're having either firewall or hosting issues.

You're almost there, man. No worries.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #121334 Previous topic | Next topic