Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #115065
View in linear mode

Subject: "woah i got my clutch" Previous topic | Next topic
Flipboi89Jun-27-08 10:12 AM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115065, "woah i got my clutch"

Exedy stage 2 clutch.. paid like 350 for it and i hope its worth it

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: woah i got my clutch, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-27-08 10:30 AM, #1
RE: woah i got my clutch, Moderatorteklein, Jun-27-08 10:34 AM, #2
RE: woah i got my clutch, Flipboi89, Jun-27-08 10:34 AM, #3
      RE: woah i got my clutch, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-27-08 11:25 AM, #4
           RE: woah i got my clutch, 740 turbo brick, Jun-27-08 01:37 PM, #5
                RE: woah i got my clutch, Flipboi89, Jun-27-08 07:17 PM, #6
                     RE: woah i got my clutch, dalesmitsu, Jun-27-08 07:33 PM, #7
                          RE: woah i got my clutch, Flipboi89, Jun-28-08 07:28 PM, #8
                               RE: woah i got my clutch, 740 turbo brick, Jun-28-08 07:47 PM, #9
                                    RE: woah i got my clutch, 2GeclipseRS, Jun-30-08 07:16 AM, #10
                                         RE: woah i got my clutch, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-30-08 08:48 AM, #11
                                              RE: woah i got my clutch, Flipboi89, Jun-30-08 11:30 AM, #12
                                                   RE: woah i got my clutch, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-30-08 02:51 PM, #13
                                                        RE: woah i got my clutch, Flipboi89, Jun-30-08 07:11 PM, #14
                                                             RE: woah i got my clutch, 99RedGs, Jul-01-08 07:44 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: woah i got my clutch, TeamDR1665, Jul-01-08 10:02 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: woah i got my clutch, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-01-08 10:50 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: woah i got my clutch, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-01-08 12:57 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: woah i got my clutch, Flipboi89, Jul-01-08 05:16 PM, #19
                                                                                      RE: woah i got my clutch, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-02-08 05:23 AM, #20
                                                                                           RE: woah i got my clutch, TeamDR1665, Jul-03-08 11:04 AM, #21
                                                                                                RE: woah i got my clutch, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-03-08 02:24 PM, #22
                                                                                                     RE: woah i got my clutch, Flipboi89, Jul-03-08 06:02 PM, #23
                                                                                                     RE: woah i got my clutch, msl-man, Jul-12-08 05:29 AM, #26
                                                                                                     RE: woah i got my clutch, 2GeclipseRS, Jul-09-08 07:31 AM, #24
                                                                                                     RE: woah i got my clutch, Tuxdreamerx, Jul-09-08 06:38 PM, #25
                                                                                                          RE: woah i got my clutch, Flipboi89, Jul-14-08 05:15 PM, #27

RoninEclipse2GJun-27-08 10:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115066, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 0

uh, Spidey senses tingling here. that looks like a 4g63 clutch.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinJun-27-08 10:34 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#115067, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 1

Ditto.

Flipboi89Jun-27-08 10:34 AM
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115068, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 1

are you seriousss???

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

RoninEclipse2GJun-27-08 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115069, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 3

Yup, look at that TOB, nothing like a 2gnt TOB

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

740 turbo brickJun-27-08 01:37 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#115070, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 4

That and its not a modular clutch. Unless you changed over to the conventional clutch setup. Dont feel bad, I did the same thing...

One sure way to check is to count the number of splines on the pressure plate. 4g63 and 420A are different.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Flipboi89Jun-27-08 07:17 PM
392 posts,
#115071, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 5

i hate my life.. stupid kid at the shop. i told him i had the non turbo motor with a modular clutch.. freaking a now i gotta call them back tomorow

dalesmitsuJun-27-08 07:33 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#115072, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Flipboi89
i hate my life.. stupid kid at the shop. i told him i had the non turbo motor with a modular clutch.. freaking a now i gotta call them back tomorow

Next time take with you the correct part number or sku# so you're getting the correct part.

I do this all the time at advance and sometimes they get pissed but I find it funny, I more about the part for my 2g then they do.
I recently applied to this local part store, hope I get hired parttime hrs extra cash discnt parts would help me out abit more I work nights.

Flipboi89Jun-28-08 07:28 PM
392 posts,
#115073, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 7

u h k heres the situation. so when i orderded it from the place i was like make sure its for a non turbo motor eclipse. modular clutch. the guys said yes ok ok its non turbo. so i was like ok. 2 weeks later i get it after saying it would take 4 days. called the guy today and said exedy wouldnt take it back. im like wtf??? so i should have to pay for the guys mistake?? he ordered the wrong clutch and after he looked at the website again more carefully exedy doesnt even make a modular clutch.. so he said he'll call them to try again and i have to call him monday, But seriously, i should be punished because the guy ordered the wrong part and im down 350 bucks? wtf

740 turbo brickJun-28-08 07:47 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#115074, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 8

Theres got to be something you can do. I really hate being dicked over by companies, and Im starting to get fed up with Howell, so I feel your pain. At the very least if you cant get exedy or the company you got it from to refund your money, you can try to sell it on ebay or forums. Even if it means you have to take a $50 loss or something.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

2GeclipseRSJun-30-08 07:16 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#115075, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 9
Jun-30-08 07:16 AM by 2GeclipseRS

exedy/daikin should take it back. It hasn't been used. You still have the original box.

Next up, jackhole probably got you a 4g63/4g64 n/t clutch.

You should know by now that everyone thinks the 420a doesn't exist.

I just tell them, "dodge neon" (if it can be had on a neon) and they usually get the right parts.

Auto parts store suck. Owning a 2gnt isn't the most fun thing in the world either because we have to deal with this shit on a fairly regular basis. You practically have to scream "420A VIN Y" at them.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

RoninEclipse2GJun-30-08 08:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#115076, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
I just tell them, "dodge neon" (if it can be had on a neon) and they usually get the right parts.

what works better is AVENGER 4CYL

Erik P.

Flipboi89Jun-30-08 11:30 AM
392 posts,
#115077, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 11
Jun-30-08 11:31 AM by Flipboi89

yeah ok so i took it back to them and they are sending it back.. but there was a gay ass re-stocking fee of 20% or 68 bucks. hella gay. Now he said he foudn another one and said he'll place the order once the other one gets back to his distributors. i forgot the brand and im kinda pissed about that. i still got a funny feeling but i made him call his distributor and tell me himself that it will fit my car. hopefully it will work im tired of driving 40 mins way to talk to this idiot. gotta wait another week or so. this sucks and i just got my engine back finally and that took like 5 months

RoninEclipse2GJun-30-08 02:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#115078, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 12

fuck that, make them take it back for full pop. they made the mistake, not you. who the hell did you buy that from? we should band together and destroy their email inbox and threaten to destroy any ranking that they might have with the BBB

Erik P.

Flipboi89Jun-30-08 07:11 PM
392 posts,
#115079, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 13

its so gay so now im down 68 bucks. its called hyper tek in brooklyn park. if they seriously screw up again idk what im going to do. money is so short right now and i just want a clutch so i can finish my car thats been down since november

99RedGsJul-01-08 07:44 AM
Member since Jul 05th 2007
42 posts,
#115080, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 14
Jul-01-08 07:48 AM by 99RedGs

Post about it on mnsc so other people in our area know about stuff like this (Just make sure you follow the rules). I would have never known about situations like this if I hadn't been on this board too. There is NO excuse for you having to pay the restocking fee. You should have brought a parent with you, that usually gets the job done (since I know you are younger). I would bring this up on the local forums too (if you already have I just didn't see the post).

Seriously, GET THE RESTOCKING FEE BACK. If you specifically asked for a 2gnt clutch and got something else it is not your fault, especially if you asked them which clutch to order.

Ah Vtec... All of the lag with none of the turbo

TeamDR1665Jul-01-08 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#115081, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 15

Contact your credit card company. Tell them you ordered a part for your car, they selected the part number for you, sent it to you, and it was incorrect. Now they charge you a restocking fee for their error. Your credit card company will dispute the charge and you will get the money back.

How are you supposed to know, but looking at a clutch, if it fits your car or not? This is your first time doing it. Fight that shit. Tell your CC company that they refuse to give you a full refund and you don't think that's right. Be cool on the phone with the reps at the CC company and let them help you.

Then call up South Bend Clutch in Indiana and talk to them about your needs and plans. They will make you exactly the clutch you need at a really good price.

You totally got hosed. Fuck those jokers.

RoninEclipse2GJul-01-08 10:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#115082, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 16

^^^ + eleventy bajillion

Erik P.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-01-08 12:57 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#115083, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 17

Yes, that is a good reseason to use a credit card. You are not responsible for thier mistake, only your own. Talk with the store manager and if he tells you to pound sand, call your credit card company and file a complaint. You will get your money back.

Terry

Flipboi89Jul-01-08 05:16 PM
392 posts,
#115084, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 18

problem is i used a check card so yeaha nd i paid for it like 2 or 3 weeks ago so its like too late to cancel it. i guess i have to take the blame for it and learn from "my" mistake. but what im gonig to tell this guy once exedy or his distributor gets it back is to order me an avenger 95-99 i4 modular one. if he screws up again, shit idk what will happen getting tired of this shit.

RoninEclipse2GJul-02-08 05:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#115085, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 19

your check card has a visa logo right? you have acess to the same privliges that a real credit card holder has. grow a damn spine and get your freaking money.

Erik P.

TeamDR1665Jul-03-08 11:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#115086, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
your check card has a visa logo right? you have acess to the same privliges that a real credit card holder has. grow a damn spine and get your freaking money.

Call your bank and ask them, officially. If they tell you you're shit outta luck, casually mention that, if having their Visa check card doesn't give you industry standard protection in situations like this, maybe you should be considering another financial institution wherein to keep your money.

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-03-08 02:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#115087, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 21

Wait! Do not buy a clutch from these guys. I know money is tight so do yourself a favor and just order a PT Cruiser clutch. Guys have thrown boost at these clutches with no problems. They can be had for less than $300 and then you lose no money and don't have to deal with these rip off scammers.

Or you can use this clutch which has also been time proven to take boost.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/F1-RACING-STAGE-1-CLUTCH-KIT-ECLIPSE-TALON-NEON_W0QQitemZ150252712096QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Flipboi89Jul-03-08 06:02 PM
392 posts,
#115088, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 22

yeah thanks for the tips guys. right now im gonig to wait for him to get the refund and then he'll call me and we'll talk. right now it isnt so back since i ordered cam gears and i have to wait a week on them.

msl-manJul-12-08 05:29 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2003
111 posts,
#115089, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 23

I ordered an camshaft from Checker auto parts years ago back in high school for a ford pickup truck. I specifically told them them 5.0L EFI for an F-150. They sent me a camshaft for a mustang. Without knowing this I installed it and the truck wouldn't idle at all. Finally I compared numbers on the cam manufacture's website and found out it was the wrong part. I had already taken the truck to a mechanic to change out the cam to the old one with the cost of 700 bucks. After a half hour yelling match with the store manager in front of a dozen customers he finally realized they fucked up. He was as nice as could be after that. They even picked up my 700 dollar tab, and refunded my money for a used camshaft. Long story short, get ALL your money back.

2GeclipseRSJul-09-08 07:31 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#115090, "RE: woah i got my clutch"

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Wait! Do not buy a clutch from these guys. I know money is tight so do yourself a favor and just order a PT Cruiser clutch. Guys have thrown boost at these clutches with no problems. They can be had for less than $300 and then you lose no money and don't have to deal with these rip off scammers. Or you can use this clutch which has also been time proven to take boost. http://cgi.ebay.ca/F1-RACING-STAGE-1-CLUTCH-KIT-ECLIPSE-TALON-NEON_W0QQitemZ150252712096QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good info.

My clutch is shot. I know what to get now.

Yes, i'm a cheap-ass.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

TuxdreamerxJul-09-08 06:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#115091, "RE: woah i got my clutch"

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Wait! Do not buy a clutch from these guys. I know money is tight so do yourself a favor and just order a PT Cruiser clutch. Guys have thrown boost at these clutches with no problems. They can be had for less than $300 and then you lose no money and don't have to deal with these rip off scammers. Or you can use this clutch which has also been time proven to take boost. http://cgi.ebay.ca/F1-RACING-STAGE-1-CLUTCH-KIT-ECLIPSE-TALON-NEON_W0QQitemZ150252712096QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought that clutch for my car. Have not installed it yet due to the fact that the guy at the machine shop has had my engine for OVER 2 MONTHS!! so hopefully ill get to try it out soon!

Flipboi89Jul-14-08 05:15 PM
392 posts,
#115092, "RE: woah i got my clutch"
In response to Reply # 25

hey wanted to update on my clutch info. so i called him today (since he never freakin calls me back) and he said his distributors finally got it back to them (2 weeks alter) then he asked to make sure what clutch i wanted and i told him to look up one for a 1995-1999 dodge avenge 2.0. he looks at it and then he goes.. ohh it says modular. wow freaking dumbass as i thought when i talked to him. so it'll ship probably by tomorow and hopefully there by friday/saturday. this is getting a frustrating but at least now he ordered the right one for once.. idiot.. a month later and i might get my clutch

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #115065 Previous topic | Next topic