Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #114102
View in linear mode

Subject: "update on my talon... its dead" Previous topic | Next topic
biggie16gSep-29-08 10:41 AM
Member since May 28th 2007
84 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114102, "update on my talon... its dead"

so its been a while since ive posted but the latest news is that i have spun the rod bearing in cylinder 1... now driveing a stupid plymoth neon... cant wait to get my baby running again so if ne one knows where i can find a used engine please respond. thanx

1995 eclipse rs-t. Might as well be a ford because I have to fix or repair daily...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: update on my talon... its dead, Moderatorteklein, Sep-29-08 10:50 AM, #1
RE: update on my talon... its dead, luketalon95, Sep-29-08 06:43 PM, #2
RE: update on my talon... its dead, Moderatorteklein, Sep-30-08 01:44 AM, #3
RE: update on my talon... its dead, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-30-08 03:26 AM, #4
RE: update on my talon... its dead, Moderatorteklein, Sep-30-08 03:31 AM, #5
      RE: update on my talon... its dead, biggie16g, Oct-01-08 04:25 PM, #6
           RE: update on my talon... its dead, Car_guy_09, Oct-17-08 11:28 AM, #7
           RE: update on my talon... its dead, TeamDR1665, Oct-17-08 01:48 PM, #8
                RE: update on my talon... its dead, Moderatorteklein, Oct-18-08 04:56 AM, #9
                RE: update on my talon... its dead, biggie16g, Oct-19-08 02:07 PM, #10
                     RE: update on my talon... its dead, 96TurboGS, Oct-19-08 03:10 PM, #11

ModeratortekleinSep-29-08 10:50 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#114103, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 0

Stupid Plymouth Neon?

Heh.

What year?

DOHC or SOHC? MTX or ATX? What level, Highline, Sport, Expresso?

Pics?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

luketalon95Sep-29-08 06:43 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2007
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114104, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 0

where you located? im gonna have a used engine in about a week or so when i get my built one in if you want it shoot me a pm

ModeratortekleinSep-30-08 01:44 AM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#114105, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by luketalon95
where you located? im gonna have a used engine in about a week or so when i get my built one in if you want it shoot me a pm

Im in SC, but im talking about the Neon!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-30-08 03:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#114106, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by biggie16g
so its been a while since ive posted but the latest news is that i have spun the rod bearing in cylinder 1... now driveing a stupid plymoth neon... cant wait to get my baby running again so if ne one knows where i can find a used engine please respond. thanx

Could always use the one in the Neon

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratortekleinSep-30-08 03:31 AM
1699 posts,
#114107, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by biggie16g so its been a while since ive posted but the latest news is that i have spun the rod bearing in cylinder 1... now driveing a stupid plymoth neon... cant wait to get my baby running again so if ne one knows where i can find a used engine please respond. thanx
Could always use the one in the Neon

Depends on what the stats are on the Neon

If its a decent one, dont butcher it!

biggie16gOct-01-08 04:25 PM
84 posts,
#114108, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 5

well its a sohc, 5spd, and it has a srt4 straight pipe exhaust. and im located in P.A. oh yea the neon engine dont work... should have done my homework first but i tore the engine out and stripped it down to just the block before i realized that would not work... i actually got the car for my bran new cell phone and fifty bucks haha whats the status on the engine ur pullin???? u really want pix of the neon?

1995 eclipse rs-t. Might as well be a ford because I have to fix or repair daily...

Car_guy_09Oct-17-08 11:28 AM
Member since Apr 27th 2008
14 posts,
#114109, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 6

Pix of said neon lol

Hahn stage 2,
s20g,
FMIC,
Built bottom end,
Slowboy stage 3 head,
272's,
Full 3'' exhaust,
Some other random stuff,
10psi Through the auto tranny ridin on 19's.
http://www.4freeimagehost.com>

TeamDR1665Oct-17-08 01:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#114110, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 6

the neon engine dont work

2nd gen, I take it? Without mention of a year for this Neon, the only clue is the SRT4 part reference. If it's a 1G, it will fit.

ModeratortekleinOct-18-08 04:56 AM
1699 posts,
#114111, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 8
Oct-18-08 04:57 AM by teklein

Probably a second gen.

The SRT exhaust will fit right on those, and they are ALL SOHC in 2000+ Neons.

But, the early Neons should have the same block as the first gen SOHC cars... Especially if its a Plymouth, as they stopped making them in 2002 IIRC.

biggie16gOct-19-08 02:07 PM
84 posts,
#114112, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 8

sry 98 neon. and i actually just sold it for 800 dollars haha now to buy my 2nd gen a engine

96TurboGSOct-19-08 03:10 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
#114113, "RE: update on my talon... its dead"
In response to Reply # 10

sry 98 neon. and i actually just sold it for 800 dollars haha now to buy my 2nd gen a engine

Thats the spirit. Feed the eclipse

-Rafiel

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #114102 Previous topic | Next topic