Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #112005
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wiring harness zip anchors " Previous topic | Next topic
mreigleDec-04-08 02:35 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112005, "Wiring harness zip anchors "

Anyone know where bo pick these up? They hold the harness next to the timing belt and slide over the valve cover screws. I searched the forum and Google with no luck Satan couldn't find them in their parts list. Of course they probably come with a new harness.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wiring harness zip anchors , Moderatorteklein, Dec-04-08 07:02 AM, #1
RE: Wiring harness zip anchors , mreigle, Dec-04-08 08:09 AM, #2
      RE: Wiring harness zip anchors , Moderatorteklein, Dec-04-08 08:30 AM, #3
           RE: Wiring harness zip anchors , mreigle, Dec-04-08 04:19 PM, #4
                RE: Wiring harness zip anchors , DirtMegirt, Dec-04-08 08:51 PM, #5
                     RE: Wiring harness zip anchors , mreigle, Dec-05-08 05:15 AM, #6
                          RE: Wiring harness zip anchors , Moderatorteklein, Dec-05-08 06:55 AM, #7
                               RE: Wiring harness zip anchors , mreigle, Dec-05-08 05:09 PM, #8

ModeratortekleinDec-04-08 07:02 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#112006, "RE: Wiring harness zip anchors "
In response to Reply # 0

For things like that I either get them in a junkyard, or at car audio shops

They have a ton of wiring anchors with zip ties, clips, etc. They should have something that will work for you!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mreigleDec-04-08 08:09 AM
426 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112007, "RE: Wiring harness zip anchors "
In response to Reply # 1

The ones at the just yards have already been fastened and I wouldn't think they could be loosened. The ones for the 420a seem to be unique to the car. My audio sponsor has seen anything like it.

ModeratortekleinDec-04-08 08:30 AM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#112008, "RE: Wiring harness zip anchors "
In response to Reply # 2

Use a small flat head screwdriver, the junkyard ones will come off.

And I know you wont find an exact one at a stereo shop, but you could probably find something similar that would work.

mreigleDec-04-08 04:19 PM
426 posts,
#112009, "RE: Wiring harness zip anchors "
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the help. I still have the ones on my car that I can pry. I was just looking for new ones to clean up the engine bay.

DirtMegirtDec-04-08 08:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#112010, "RE: Wiring harness zip anchors "
In response to Reply # 4

I know what you mean Mark. I was looking for new ones for the same reason. Mine are old and yellowed and don't even lock to the vc stud mounts anymore. I looked everywhere, but never found any that were like the stockers. If you find some, please post where.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

mreigleDec-05-08 05:15 AM
426 posts,
#112011, "RE: Wiring harness zip anchors "
In response to Reply # 5

I was able to pry the zip connector loose with a screwdriver and attach it in a new location. Thanks teklein for the idea. I then painted it with engine enamel. Looks good for now but chances are it will chip with time. If I find a source I will post it.

Thanks for the help.

ModeratortekleinDec-05-08 06:55 AM
1699 posts,
#112012, "RE: Wiring harness zip anchors "
In response to Reply # 6

Try dying it in Rit Dye if you want to go that hardcore with it.

Also, Krylon Fusion is awesome stuff for plastic. I painted my cowl piece with the gloss black Fusion, that was a year ago. Still looks great and its in the sun/rain/etc. all the time.

No clearcoat either!

mreigleDec-05-08 05:09 PM
426 posts,
#112013, "RE: Wiring harness zip anchors "
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I must have a half dozen cans of engine enamel around for touch ups.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #112005 Previous topic | Next topic