Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108287
View in linear mode

Subject: "4 AN female to 1/8" NPT female" Previous topic | Next topic
_asquaredApr-03-08 03:47 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2008
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108287, "4 AN female to 1/8" NPT female"

I've been all over the net looking for this fitting and I found something that looks like it might work: http://www.holley.com/17982NOS.asp but I don't like the $25.00 price tag.

and what the hell is a 180 degree swivel? does it free-rotate 180 degrees all the time?

anyone else know of a place that sells these fittings for a better price? Earls and Summitt don't have anything.

this is going to be installed on the test port on my fuel rail (95 ESi-T 420A) for my FP gauge.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

foggy45Apr-03-08 04:23 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108288, "RE: 4 AN female to 1/8" NPT female"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-03-08 04:34 PM by foggy45

on my first testport gauge i used a -4an to -4an Female flare swivel then a -4AN to 1/8 npt conector
*note: if your gauge isnt 1/8 npt then just get the -4an /npt adapter to whatever size the gauge is*

Aeroquip #'s
-4AN Female flare swivel: FCM2914
-4AN to 1/8 NPT :FCM2721

the 180* swivel just means that the fitting will rotate when it is loose and then when tightened it will remain in one spot. this is so you dont have to worry about homant turns you need to get the gauge to face where you want it. they are easier to deal with for positioning things, and most will come this way when going from AN (Female) to NPT (Female)

if you have a local hydralics dealer then they should have the fitting cheaper then $25

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

_asquaredApr-03-08 06:36 PM
5 posts,
#108289, "RE: 4 AN female to 1/8" NPT female"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-03-08 06:44 PM by _asquared

well then I'll be making some calls tomorrow to the local hydraulic shops here in the city. hopefully they have something that will work for me. I couldn't find those aeroquip fittings you were talking about but I'm gonna check around.

_asquaredApr-07-08 08:34 AM
5 posts,
#108309, "RE: 4 AN female to 1/8" NPT female"
In response to Reply # 2

So I picked up a -4AN female to 1/8" NPT male and a 1/8" NPT coupler. The flare and the coupler look long when I put them together.. will this be ok? These are going on the test port on the fuel rail.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-07-08 11:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#108310, "RE: 4 AN female to 1/8" NPT female"
In response to Reply # 3

That's fine.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

_asquaredApr-09-08 05:55 PM
5 posts,
#108343, "RE: 4 AN female to 1/8" NPT female"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-09-08 05:56 PM by _asquared

my gauges just came in today so we'll see how she goes this weekend. I'll be doing a writeup on the gauge installs as well so I'll post my results.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108287 Previous topic | Next topic