Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #107749
View in linear mode

Subject: "wiring harness?" Previous topic | Next topic
mitsueclipse420Feb-18-08 04:23 AM
Member since Feb 18th 2008
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107749, "wiring harness?"

I am in the proscess of swapping my 95 GS to standard, last night i stopped because the plug that goes into the standard ECU, is different then the automatic. Has anyone done this before and can tell me if i need to swap the whole wiring harness or can i splice in the standard plug on the automatic wiring harness? i used to have a website with the instructions but it got shut down.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: wiring harness?, red96rs, Feb-18-08 07:20 AM, #1
RE: wiring harness?, Jungy, Feb-18-08 07:23 AM, #2
RE: wiring harness?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-18-08 07:38 AM, #3
      RE: wiring harness?, mitsueclipse420, Feb-19-08 04:15 AM, #6
RE: wiring harness?, RyaN95i4, Feb-18-08 08:13 AM, #4
RE: wiring harness?, DytDSM, Feb-18-08 09:20 AM, #5

red96rsFeb-18-08 07:20 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2007
132 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107750, "RE: wiring harness?"
In response to Reply # 0

I checked the Wiki, Here is a Pin diagram for you.

http://www.2gnt.com/?d=1995_ECU

i think all needed wires retain the same colors throughout the years. the wires you dont end up using should be automatic related. dont quote me though ive never done this. (i DO have a 95 manuel in the garage, and if you like, when i get home ill take pics of the wiring harness and connector. might help to have a visual.

** Current status: 9 bent valves. and it only had 6,000 miles on it. i hope the replacement goes well. **

Lots of expensive parts, and still slow! Oh wait, it has to run to go fast.

My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=red96rs>

from 2g chat
* DarkOne joins 2GNT_Chat
‹DarkOne› .
‹DarkOne› wow... i'm drunk
‹DarkOne› at 9am.
‹DarkOne› on a saturday.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JungyFeb-18-08 07:23 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2005
164 posts,
#107751, "RE: wiring harness?"
In response to Reply # 0

what year car did the manual ecu come out of? There are many different ecu plugs for these cars depending on the year the car was made. Although i dont recall you needing to swap out ecu's when converting over to a manually tranny, but both my cars were bought with a manual so i didnt need to do the swap.

96' eclipse gs, 2gb conversion
built bottom end, crane #16 cams, hx40 pro billet, MS1 v3 MSn'S-E, 3.55 trans, quaife lsd

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-18-08 07:38 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#107752, "RE: wiring harness?"
In response to Reply # 2

you got the wrong year ECU!

mitsueclipse420Feb-19-08 04:15 AM
Member since Feb 18th 2008
2 posts,
#107762, "RE: wiring harness?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
you got the wrong year ECU!

i got it from a 96 GS, and mine is a 95

RyaN95i4Feb-18-08 08:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#107753, "RE: wiring harness?"
In response to Reply # 0

If the manual ecu came out of a 95 you shouldnt need to swap harness or plugs.

You will have some extra TCM plugs and wiring, but the engine harness should plug right into the manual ecu...it did in mine (95 atx -> mtx swap as well)

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

DytDSMFeb-18-08 09:20 AM
Member since Dec 12th 2007
51 posts,
#107754, "RE: wiring harness?"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-18-08 09:20 AM by DytDSM

If you got a different ECU i would just put the old one back in. And as far as i understand the automatic ECU will work with a 5 spd but your rev limiter will be at 6700 instead of 7200 i believe,(correct me if im wrong) but it should work fine.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #107749 Previous topic | Next topic