Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #101113
View in linear mode

Subject: "WOOHOO, She's alive....." Previous topic | Next topic
hunntyrSep-23-06 03:06 AM
Member since Dec 27th 2003
911 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101113, "WOOHOO, She's alive....."

well, after 2 months of slowly rebuilding she turned on last night. Luckily She turned on right away and so far.....can you believe this.....NO CEL's. I will have some pics up later on today.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/hunntyr

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....., WickedESi, Sep-23-06 05:36 AM, #1
RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....., hunntyr, Sep-23-06 06:57 AM, #2
      RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....., BlackMagic, Sep-23-06 10:02 AM, #3
           RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....., turbo8u, Sep-23-06 01:03 PM, #4
                RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....., hunntyr, Sep-23-06 06:33 PM, #5
                     RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....., donnyb373, Sep-23-06 07:02 PM, #6
                          RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....., HadesOmega, Oct-05-06 12:53 PM, #7

WickedESiSep-23-06 05:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101115, "RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....."
In response to Reply # 0

Grats!!! Details on the rebuild? Heheh

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hunntyrSep-23-06 06:57 AM
911 posts,
#101118, "RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....."
In response to Reply # 1
Sep-23-06 06:58 AM by hunntyr

Originally posted by WickedESi
Grats!!! Details on the rebuild? Heheh

LOL, nothing to drastic
Wiseco 8.8:1
.020 bore
Eagle H-Beam
ACL bearings

Here are some pics:

The exhaust leaks on the head have been taken care of :lol:.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

BlackMagicSep-23-06 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#101121, "RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....."
In response to Reply # 2

Very nice man congrats!

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

turbo8uSep-23-06 01:03 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#101122, "RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....."
In response to Reply # 3

hell yea buildin the motor in the living room, gangsta!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

hunntyrSep-23-06 06:33 PM
911 posts,
#101127, "RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by turbo8u
hell yea buildin the motor in the living room, gangsta!

LOL, yeah but hey it beats the hell out of working in the hot florida sun.

Also a little update:

I F***ING HATE MECHANICAL TENSIONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After turning it on last night, I noticed that the timing belt was not centered on the cam gears once I turned the car on. It's not by much actually its about maybe an 1/8 of an inch off the cam gears to the passenger side. I checked the teeth on the oil pump sprocket and the water pump in which they all line up fine. I thought well maybe I didnt line up the oil sprocket as close to the block as what I should have. So I figure tonight, I would just correct the oil sprocket, adjust the belt, retension the tensioner and be on my merry way. The belt comes off fine but now I cant seem to re-align the timing. I have been following the instructions on the mechanical tensioner now for the last 6 hours and I would either be 1/4 of a tooth off on the oil sprocket and when I do get it lined up, I cant adjust the cam gears to the proper timing because it moves the oil sprocket. I wish they would have made the tensioner with maybe 2mm of extra play to get the belt on easier and be able to adjust the tension easier.

Sorry about the long post but I needed to vent. If anyone has any ideas on how to help, I am all ears.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

donnyb373Sep-23-06 07:02 PM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#101128, "RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by hunntyr
Originally posted by turbo8u hell yea buildin the motor in the living room, gangsta!
LOL, yeah but hey it beats the hell out of working in the hot florida sun. Also a little update: I F***ING HATE MECHANICAL TENSIONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After turning it on last night, I noticed that the timing belt was not centered on the cam gears once I turned the car on. It's not by much actually its about maybe an 1/8 of an inch off the cam gears to the passenger side. I checked the teeth on the oil pump sprocket and the water pump in which they all line up fine. I thought well maybe I didnt line up the oil sprocket as close to the block as what I should have. So I figure tonight, I would just correct the oil sprocket, adjust the belt, retension the tensioner and be on my merry way. The belt comes off fine but now I cant seem to re-align the timing. I have been following the instructions on the mechanical tensioner now for the last 6 hours and I would either be 1/4 of a tooth off on the oil sprocket and when I do get it lined up, I cant adjust the cam gears to the proper timing because it moves the oil sprocket. I wish they would have made the tensioner with maybe 2mm of extra play to get the belt on easier and be able to adjust the tension easier. Sorry about the long post but I needed to vent. If anyone has any ideas on how to help, I am all ears.

buy a OEM Mopar Tensioner...yea..ther hella expensive but they give you peice of mind

HadesOmegaOct-05-06 12:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#101232, "RE: WOOHOO, She's alive....."
In response to Reply # 6

check out the post about that $50 hydaulic tensioner. I've been hearing bad things about the mechanical one, can't go wrong with the hydro one.

haha I've never seen anyone building an engine in their living room.

heh you did better than me it I pulled my engine out 3 times on my 2nd rebuild. The first time i fired it up started right up too but then it threw up all the oil on to my garage floor >.<

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #101113 Previous topic | Next topic