Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #100359
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wiseco Piston installation question." Previous topic | Next topic
hunntyrAug-09-06 04:40 AM
Member since Dec 27th 2003
911 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100359, "Wiseco Piston installation question."
Aug-09-06 05:27 AM by hunntyr

OK this may be completely retarded of me but I need to ask and get clarification. I have installed pistons before on a previous rebuild and the markings on the piston have always had some thing showing which direction the pistons are suppose to go. Like a little rivet or dimple forged into the pistons. I bought some wiseco's and they have the same dimple however the instructions tell me to put the offset opposite the rotation of the crank. Now if I am correct the offset is the little notch where the wrist pin goes in the pitcure below

Funny thing is, if I put it in that way the markings on the top of the piston showing which direction they are suppose to go in are opposite. Any thoughts?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/hunntyr

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wiseco Piston installation question., hunntyr, Aug-11-06 11:03 AM, #1
RE: Wiseco Piston installation question., gc8dc95, Aug-11-06 08:34 PM, #2
      RE: Wiseco Piston installation question., hunntyr, Aug-12-06 06:33 AM, #3
           RE: Wiseco Piston installation question., gc8dc95, Aug-12-06 08:32 AM, #4
                RE: Wiseco Piston installation question., turbo8u, Aug-13-06 07:41 AM, #5
                     RE: Wiseco Piston installation question., gc8dc95, Aug-13-06 02:55 PM, #6
                     RE: Wiseco Piston installation question., hunntyr, Aug-13-06 05:23 PM, #7

hunntyrAug-11-06 11:03 AM
911 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100391, "RE: Wiseco Piston installation question."
In response to Reply # 0

OK, I finally got an email back from someone at Wiseco to call them. As I explained in my earlier post what the instructions reads is, "Installation of the piston offset needs to be set opposite crankshaft rotation. Example, if you viewing the engine from the 'timing side' you rotation should be clockwise or counter clockwise depending on application. Install pistons accordingly". They even have a picture describing it.

I did and I got in touch with a guy named Dwight who was pretty cool about the whole thing and he advised me that some orders that they sent out the had wrong instructions printed and appologized for any inconvienience. He explained that the off set should be going with the rotation not against it. This makes the dimple on top of the piston face the timing side as it should. He also took my address and such to mail out some promotional products for any inconvienience. I am so glad I waited to finish the rebuild until I heard something.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gc8dc95Aug-11-06 08:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
385 posts,
#100392, "RE: Wiseco Piston installation question."
In response to Reply # 1

Hmmm too late. I had the same issue with Wiseco pistons.... at least you found out in time. Good luck

1995 Eagle Talon ESi
Powered by NX wet kit

hunntyrAug-12-06 06:33 AM
911 posts,
#100394, "RE: Wiseco Piston installation question."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by gc8dc95
Hmmm too late. I had the same issue with Wiseco pistons.... at least you found out in time. Good luck

did you have any problems with them?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

gc8dc95Aug-12-06 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
385 posts,
#100395, "RE: Wiseco Piston installation question."
In response to Reply # 3

No, they were great. Very strong and no problems at all. I actually ended up spinning a bearing and breaking a rod. The pistons still looked decent after that even.

I just didnt see you question in time. I had the same issue, and was going to answer.

They can take one hell of a beating, have fun.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi