Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #50102
View in linear mode

Subject: "2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup" Previous topic | Next topic
widebodiedApr-29-03 06:09 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50102, "2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup"
Apr-29-03 06:16 PM by widebodied

hey fellas, for the past couple of weeks, ive been getting several emails a day of the cost of my 2.4 buildup. i decided to post my invoice or price list as some reference to some questions you guys might be having on the cost of a professional 2.4-2.0 build up. keep in mind this price doesnt include install, subtract 400 dollars from the price, because the guy thats building my motor is a level 5 HRC distributor and hes gets discounts so i sent the turbo in on the crate so i could get his discount, its 400 for the coversion of the s16g to the s20g through him. He is BOBSTOCKUM.COM . a very well known reputable engine builder in VA.

" Bob’s Auto Machine
Dwayn Hicks Eclipse 2.4 engine upgrade

Parts list;
Wiseco pistons & rings & T-2 rods ………………………………… $ 750
Main bearings and rod bearings, gaskets,
Melling oil pump ………. 394
Blackdog cam belt tensioner ……………………………………….. 50
Crankshaft (good used) …………………………………………….. 200
Crane #16 cams …………………………………………………….. 395
Crane valve springs ………………………………………………… 95
SI stainless steel valves …………………………………………….. 280
ARP head stud kit w/ nuts and hardened washers 125
S16g converted to a S20g 450
** parts total ………………………………………………………… $ 2739
Tax on parts ………………………………………………………… 103
Parts and tax totals ………………………………………………….. $ 2848

Machine and labor charges;
Dismantle and clean used engine ( rusted) …… $ 150
Bore and hone block, + .020” over ……………………… 80
Deck the block surface, smooth surface ………….. 50
Polish crankshaft …………………………………………………… 25
Balance the complete engine assembly ……………………… 175
Blue-print and assemble the lower end ………….. 350
Cut valve seats for larger valves …………………………. 160
Port and polish the head, match gaskets …………. 350
Competition Valve job, 5 angle radius seats . 350
Mill head surface to clean and smooth, ……….. 50
Clean and assemble head, set spring pressures 65
Install head on block, torque in place ........ 80
Degree in cams and set up tensioner assembly 65
Wrap and protect engine in crate for transport. 80
** labor and machine work totals …………………………… $ 1885

Estimated total for the engine upgrade ………….. $ 4733

Thank you for the interest and business !

Bob Stockum, (1-757-868-1341), 789 Yorktown Rd,
Poquoson, VA 23662"

i kept his number in there , so if any of you guys are interested in a engine build u have his number. keep in mind this is a complete turnkey engine assembly, that is designed to run 500+ hp with the right fuel, phatridz.com will duplicate the same engine for well over 6000+ , that isnt a bullshit price, your welcome to call and verify with the same specs given. his prices are affordable, but please dont use my price list for a price reference, because we do have a little sponser ship setup, and most of the parts and labor are 10-15% off. but i figured posting here is alot better than sending out over 15 emails, so heres a ball park figure of what your guys are looking at for a mildl race engine. hope this helps out you guys!

DWAYNE H
Honda coupe ~ SOLD!
R6 and Aprilia~ Sold on EBAY!
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
96 2GNT, HRC STAGE 4 S20G, 2.4 SWAP< IN PROGRESS. Kaminari widebody, KMC suicides 19s. Apexi Safc AVCR RSM. Blowjax air ride.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-30-03 05:17 AM, #1
RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup, 95 silver gs, Apr-30-03 09:26 AM, #2
      RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup, widebodied, Apr-30-03 05:54 PM, #3
           RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup, MotoFool, Apr-30-03 11:14 PM, #4
RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup, docta doom, May-02-03 09:44 AM, #5
RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup, widebodied, May-11-03 05:41 PM, #6
      RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup, MotoFool, May-12-03 06:58 AM, #7

TeamMichael_97RSApr-30-03 05:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50144, "RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup"
In response to Reply # 0

Very good info here. We'll pin it up for a bit. And add the discaimer that if you do some of this work locally prices will vary.

Also a not on the Black Dog Motorsports Solid Timing Belt tensioner. It is very good with big cams and a great piece. But it is not a put on and forget item. You can put it on and worry about it 60k later when you want to do a timing belt again. You will have to go in and retension this every 10k to 15k. Because the timing belt will stretch. I would even go in after the first 1 or 2 thousand mles and retension it to catch the initial stretch.

Any other good info pricing or 2.4L swap related post it up.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95 silver gsApr-30-03 09:26 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2002
853 posts,
#50168, "RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm just doing the normal old 2.0 turbo rebuild. But them prices sound very good. I bought my complete built head for 750 and still gotta get lifters for it( i got boned thanks to PureRage)And i am doing all port work myself. SO that helps. For the bottom end i got the rebuild kit for 700 (new). But to save a bit it costs you more. No 2.0 no matter what bore or what you have done to it will hang with widebodys motor. Great work. I just wish i would of went that route. Maybe next year. Good luck on all your work.

widebodiedApr-30-03 05:54 PM
2257 posts,
#50217, "RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup"
In response to Reply # 2

>I'm just doing the normal old 2.0 turbo rebuild. But them
>prices sound very good. I bought my complete built head for
>750 and still gotta get lifters for it( i got boned thanks to
>PureRage)And i am doing all port work myself. SO that helps.
>For the bottom end i got the rebuild kit for 700 (new). But to
>save a bit it costs you more. No 2.0 no matter what bore or
>what you have done to it will hang with widebodys motor. Great
>work. I just wish i would of went that route. Maybe next year.
>Good luck on all your work.

hey, that plan you have going there sounds good, i wish i was the compentent to actual port work, but i really dont have time to learn the trade (machining). so you got fucked on the head? i was gonna buy pure rages motor, was about to paypal the money and he said he sold it locall but anyway, thanks for the reply. ill also do a write up and maybe some vids and some numbers of what this thing will do and laydown running 20psi's threw er

DWAYNE H
Honda coupe ~ SOLD!
96 2GNT, HRC STAGE 4 S20G, 2.4 SWAP< IN PROGRESS. Kaminari widebody, KMC suicides 19s. Apexi Safc AVCR RSM. Blowjax air ride

MotoFoolApr-30-03 11:14 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#50244, "RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup"
In response to Reply # 3

dwayne gonna be fun comparins time slips ill give u guys a peak at my motor,

2.4 95-96 style,
T2 forged rods,
8.5:1 weiscos,
fully blaanced motor
clevite 77 bearings,
No balance Shafts
Fidanza flywheel
UDP,
race clutch stage undetmerined right now,
Full race port job with bowl work,
cams are undetermined and being discussed at the moment,
valve size is still up in the air for now i think ill jsut stick with stock,
turbo will be a 60 t04e garret turbo, .60a/r turbine, 39mm internal flapper until i get the big tial external gate,
the down pipe minimum 3" all the way back (at cat will be a dump switch 3" also)

engine management will be dont most likly with the perfect power smt6 piggy back setup till i can afford the tti dta standalone,

the tranny will be a LSD equiped SOHC tranny witha theoretical 205mph gearing limit,

axles if time and money permits carbon fiber if not chromoly DSS ones or equivalent,

after that system is working properly upgrading to a gt35-42 turbo will be in order to make the goal Hp of ALOT...

after that there isn't much more u can do to a motor cause the power will never hit the ground

Bill
(a sneak Peak at the Beast)

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

docta doomMay-02-03 09:44 AM
240 posts,
#50339, "RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup"
In response to Reply # 0

thanks for the info man, the price has really been weighing on my mind as to whether to continue with my 2GNT (if i didn't have a 2.4 then i wasn't gonna turbo it and just keep it stock to drive, or at least thats what i was planning on). i had e-mailed bob a while back for a ballpark price but he never got back to me on that, so this has helped me out a lot. thanks

sucker MC

widebodiedMay-11-03 05:41 PM
2257 posts,
#50978, "RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup"
In response to Reply # 5

only 5 replies...... damn i used to get like 5-15 emails a day regarding this build..

DWAYNE H
Honda coupe ~ SOLD!
96 2GNT, HRC STAGE 4 S20G, 2.4 SWAP< IN PROGRESS. Kaminari widebody, KMC suicides 19s. Apexi Safc AVCR RSM. Blowjax air ride.

MotoFoolMay-12-03 06:58 AM
2103 posts,
#50991, "RE: 2.4 Build up- Upgrade, answers on prices and labor of Prof. buildup"
In response to Reply # 6

yea weve posted enough info i guess now dwayne now the next thing is dyno numbers i suppose..

Bill

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #50102 Previous topic | Next topic