Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #475
View in linear mode

Subject: "Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout." Previous topic | Next topic
a_miller_76Jan-28-04 08:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#475, "Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."

Here is an email I sent to horsepowertv:

This isn't really an idea for an entire show, but I've noticed that quite often at the end of shows there will be an on-location shoot at a car show. Usually a club of owners of specific vehicles. Well, there are a lot of fans of HorsepowerTV in the import community (since most of the import shows are geared at ricers and punks, not true mechanics and tuners). This August I will be attending, along with a few hundred others, a gathering of DSM vehicles (Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, Mitsubishi Galants, Dodge Stealth, Mitsubishi 3000gt's, Mitsu. Starion, Dodge Conquest) There will be shows, drag racing, and all kinds of fun. The event is held August 13-15 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) in Norwalk, Ohio at the Norwalk Raceway Park.

It may be a good event to cover for HorsepowerTV and keep your import tuner audience elevated.

Aaron Miller
Lakes Region Production Manager
(603) 528-0101

Their email addy is info@horsepowertv.com If anyone else is interested in pushing them to go I highly suggest you email them as well

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., BuckNutty, Jan-29-04 03:19 AM, #1
RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., soulcontroller, Jan-29-04 05:21 AM, #2
      RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., Blizare, Jan-29-04 06:02 AM, #3
           RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., ModeratorVX100, Jan-29-04 03:25 PM, #4
                RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., TeamDR1665, Jan-30-04 09:01 AM, #5
                     RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., turbo8u, Jan-30-04 09:42 AM, #6
                          RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., BuckNutty, Jan-31-04 01:37 AM, #7
                               RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., CopperEclipse96, Jan-31-04 01:55 PM, #8
                                    RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-01-04 11:34 AM, #9
                                         RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., a_miller_76, Feb-01-04 12:48 PM, #10
                                              RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., TeamDR1665, Feb-03-04 04:50 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., a_miller_76, Feb-03-04 04:55 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., Moderator992gnt, Feb-04-04 04:42 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., BuckNutty, Feb-04-04 06:42 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., TeamDR1665, Feb-05-04 09:02 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., BuckNutty, Feb-05-04 11:10 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., TeamDR1665, Feb-05-04 12:49 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., Blizare, Feb-05-04 01:11 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., Moderator992gnt, Feb-05-04 01:42 PM, #19
                                                                            RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., thegame, Feb-05-04 03:07 PM, #20
                                                                            RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., a_miller_76, Feb-06-04 04:31 AM, #21
                                                                                 RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., turbo8u, Feb-06-04 02:51 PM, #23
                                                                            RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., TeamDR1665, Feb-06-04 02:01 PM, #22
                                                                                 RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout., a_miller_76, Feb-09-04 12:40 AM, #24

BuckNuttyJan-29-04 03:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#480, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 0

d00d...that'd be mo pimp IMO. Keep emailing them and keep us posted, if they wanna get a petition, i am positive you can get an assload of signatures.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerJan-29-04 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#483, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 1

yea, that would be cool...

last year a few 2gnt guys got their cars in modified mag too.

BlizareJan-29-04 06:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#487, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 2

Thats a sweet idea IMO. Let do a petition for sure....fuck post it in the pits and everyone will sign up!!!!!!1

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

ModeratorVX100Jan-29-04 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#494, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 3

that would be a great thing to have at the shootout, and since the 2GNT crowd would be the ones who started it, then we could be featured more in their footage.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

TeamDR1665Jan-30-04 09:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#501, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-30-04 09:12 AM by DR1665

Just sent this to Nads at SuperStreet...

Hey Nads,

I wasn't sure if I should send this to you, Rickdaddy, or JDMWong, but seeing as you are know for your boobies and the people I'm wanting to tell you about like boobies too, I figured you'd be the one to contact.

August 13-15 is the Annual DSM Shootout in Norwalk, Ohio. Yes, it's a long trip from sunny SoCal, but if a dozen of us in Phoenix, Arizona can make the drive, you can sure put some intern on a plane and fly them out to cover the shenannigains. So far, I know of more than 50 non-turbo cars planning on attending. We will be caravanning across the country to this thing to meet up there in Norwalk. I feel that this event could be something fresh and different for Super Street to cover, compared to the typical Honda with a swap or the rare track attack Skyline. This event will likely have a couple hundred Eclipses, Talons, Lasers, EVOs, 3000GTs and even Conquests there. It would be a cool thing to see in the magazine. Other people have notified other magazines about this event, but I have been down with Super Street for a few years now and I know that you guys are the innovators. If you don't cover this event, noone else will, because we all know they have to follow in the Super Street shadow.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to meeting you at the Shootout or seeing the (as yet non-existant) Super Street Project 2GNT in the caravan from Phoenix this August.

Lata

Brian DR1665

www.2gnt.com

Next I will track down Brent Rau and Big Len, to see if they might make it out. Nothing like a pro to hand out some whoop ass imo.

EDIT:
Just sent an email to ExtremeMotorsports, sponsor of Brent Rau and Sean Glazer. It says Glazer runs a Talon, but I'm not sure. Either way, it would be cool if they made it - even if they didn't run!

turbo8uJan-30-04 09:42 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#502, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 5

fuck that, we dont need any publicity imo. if they want to cover the single greatest event the world has ever known (the dsm shootouts) then let them, i'd much rather it just be the dsm brotherhood its always been
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

BuckNuttyJan-31-04 01:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#503, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 6

nah dude...this could be good for alot of people...not only making the event bigger, but getting companies and people (and their cars) the breaks they need/want to make it big. Whether it be show or racing, publicity = teh shiznit.

CopperEclipse96Jan-31-04 01:55 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#504, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 7

not only that, but some of our cars could be on TV! that would be pretty damn cool if you ask me.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-01-04 11:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#507, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 8

It isn't a couple hundred, it is a couple thousand. The Shootout is growing every year.

a_miller_76Feb-01-04 12:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#508, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 9

Has anyone else fuckin mailed HP TV yet?

TeamDR1665Feb-03-04 04:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#513, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 10

I got a reply from Extreme Motorsports this AM. Impressive considering they devote an entire page of their site to letting you know they don't answer emails pretty much.

I've been to most of the previous shootouts, and plan to attend this one as
well. There is a conflict with the shop Talon and a previously scheduled
race, but it is down the road, and we will have to see how things turn out.
See you there,
Rob McKellar
Sales Manager
Extreme Motorsports
410-672-2700
www.extrememotorsports.com

Now I wonder if Bob Kise would like to come out?

a_miller_76Feb-03-04 04:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#514, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 11

Horsepower TV, Horsepower TV, Horsepower Tv.

I don't care about magazines. LOL. If they show up I'm gonna try to get a job with RTM productions

Moderator992gntFeb-04-04 04:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#517, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 12

Brian, just a few friendly words of advice. First off, if you're going to send a letter to a magazine, make sure it's coherent (wtf is all that boobie stuff supposed to mean? It doesn't even make sense). Secondly, SPELL CHECK!. Last thing, do some research before you call up guys like Rau and Glazer. If you did, you'd know they are usually there. Don't ask Sheperd, he'll be there.

I commend and can appreciate your enthusiasm, but nothing discredits a group faster than noob questions and actions. I'm not hatin' just trying to help. It would be cool to get some more exposure to the event.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

BuckNuttyFeb-04-04 06:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#518, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 13

I take it you don't need the magazine d00d...its kinda like high school with them...if your letter sticks out to them you will get a response...like in school when your paper made a teacher laugh, they would remember it and at least pass you out of pitty.

TeamDR1665Feb-05-04 09:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#519, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by BuckNutty
I take it you don't need the magazine d00d...its kinda like high school with them...

Exactly. Super Street is sheer pandemonium. Spend about 5 minutes reading parts of articles sometime and you'll see. The editor I wrote to there is always being commented on his "man boobs." In practically every article, by every author, in every issue. They are a bunch of deviants who just goof off and manage to put out a magazine every 4 weeks or so. I love it. I don't get it for the technical articles, that's what 2GNT is for. I read it for the laughs.

Second, I did not send the same email to both Super Street and Extreme Motorsports. That would be ludcirous. I was brief in my email to Extreme and merely listed date and location to them. I also mentioned that there were a great number of us enthusiasts who would be very excited to see/meet the guys. I wasn't out to track Sean and Brent down at work and hit them up to check it out. I just wanted to be sure that someone mentioned it to them before it was a week away and impossible to do.

So pretty much, I did what you thought I should've done and I hope this allays your fears and concerns. Know your audience and tailor your letter writing accordingly.

Y0 whassup to mah peepz @ Xtreme y0! Ur comin to da shootout fo real tho right? You gotz to check my 3G DSM when ur their! I gotz a CAI off da EEEEEEEEbay home-skillit!

BuckNuttyFeb-05-04 11:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#520, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 15

whats wrong with cold air intakes off ebay

TeamDR1665Feb-05-04 12:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#521, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 16

Nothing.

BlizareFeb-05-04 01:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#522, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 17

I didn't think so either.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Moderator992gntFeb-05-04 01:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#523, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by DR1665
Exactly. Super Street is sheer pandemonium. Spend about 5 minutes reading parts of articles sometime and you'll see. The editor I wrote to there is always being commented on his "man boobs." In practically every article, by every author, in every issue. They are a bunch of deviants who just goof off and manage to put out a magazine every 4 weeks or so. I love it. I don't get it for the technical articles, that's what 2GNT is for. I read it for the laughs. Second, I did not send the same email to both Super Street and Extreme Motorsports. That would be ludcirous. I was brief in my email to Extreme and merely listed date and location to them. I also mentioned that there were a great number of us enthusiasts who would be very excited to see/meet the guys. I wasn't out to track Sean and Brent down at work and hit them up to check it out. I just wanted to be sure that someone mentioned it to them before it was a week away and impossible to do. So pretty much, I did what you thought I should've done and I hope this allays your fears and concerns. Know your audience and tailor your letter writing accordingly.

Perfect. I will never doubt you again. Also, thank you for not taking offense to my post. I have not and probably will not read a magazine that doesn't have technical content. Too boring.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

thegameFeb-05-04 03:07 PM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
#524, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 19

^ greg... u get my PM?

New/More Mods Comming... New 1/4 Times In March/April

a_miller_76Feb-06-04 04:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#527, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 20

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE.....SEND EMAILS TO HORSEPOWER TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

turbo8uFeb-06-04 02:51 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#532, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 21
Feb-06-04 02:51 PM by turbo8u

Originally posted by a_miller_76
BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE.....SEND EMAILS TO HORSEPOWER TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

back on topic! anyone seen the mansechs picture layin around anywhere?

lol

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

TeamDR1665Feb-06-04 02:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#531, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by 992gnt
Perfect. I will never doubt you again. Also, thank you for not taking offense to my post. I have not and probably will not read a magazine that doesn't have technical content. Too boring.

None taken. Worded properly as to not offend someone with a level head. Although my head is not exactly level this afternoon.

And yes, Aaron, I'll send something to Horsepower TV. Maybe I'll send them a picture of you. I only have the one...

a_miller_76Feb-09-04 12:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#545, "RE: Trying to get Horsepowertv to cover the shootout."
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by 992gnt Perfect. I will never doubt you again. Also, thank you for not taking offense to my post. I have not and probably will not read a magazine that doesn't have technical content. Too boring.
None taken. Worded properly as to not offend someone with a level head. Although my head is not exactly level this afternoon. And yes, Aaron, I'll send something to Horsepower TV. Maybe I'll send them a picture of you. I only have the one...

god you fucktard LOL

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #475 Previous topic | Next topic