Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #976
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW" Previous topic | Next topic
xEclipsE RaceRxJul-09-03 09:13 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#976, "Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW"
Jul-09-03 09:14 PM by xEclipsE RaceRx

Well I just installed my B&M short shifter that I bought off ebay for $177 shipped. It came right away, 5 days later, and that was with the 4th of July Holiday. Well I just want to say its GREAT If you havent invested into one of these I really suggest you do in the near future. Now let me tell you one thing tho. Its a short "throw" shifter, not a short "looking" shifter. What I mean is, I was expecting my shifter to be a lot smaller, like the knob almost touching the base of the boot itself, but its not. The B&M Short Shifter sits at stock height, but its whats under the boot that you cant see that works its magic. I can get into gears real fast now and you really notice a difference. Now Im just awaiting my Symborski Metal Shifter Brushings from Mach V. Oh yea and installation was a breeze took less than an hour, and im no mechanic. If yall have any questions just shoot.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Jul-09-03 10:12 PM, #1
RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW, xEclipsE RaceRx, Jul-10-03 06:01 AM, #2
RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW, KidEvo, Jul-10-03 11:58 AM, #3
      RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW, bullox, Jul-10-03 02:10 PM, #5
RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW, bullox, Jul-10-03 02:09 PM, #4
      RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW, jerseystyle1, Jul-10-03 04:04 PM, #6
           RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW, KidEvo, Jul-11-03 06:31 AM, #7
                RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW, bullox, Jul-11-03 08:01 AM, #8

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Jul-09-03 10:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#977, "RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW"
In response to Reply # 0

i was lookin to get one but got something else instead. ihave the symbroski kit and i did notice a difference. should be a lot more with the b&m

after readin this, has any of the mods thought about havin a review section for the forum? not tryin to hijack the thread or anything mik

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xEclipsE RaceRxJul-10-03 06:01 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#978, "RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW"
In response to Reply # 1

Where did this thread get moved? I feel like im in the Twilights Zone, I dont know where I am.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

KidEvoJul-10-03 11:58 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
161 posts,
#984, "RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW"
In response to Reply # 2

you installed the shifter without the symborski kit? I just ordered both som Im waitning on mine. The website where I got it told me its an inch and a half shorter than stock though, so I was not going to cut it, but now I'm not so sure. Should I cut it and how much, and do I need to thread the top so the stock shift knob can screw back on?

bulloxJul-10-03 02:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#986, "RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-10-03 02:10 PM by bullox

>do I need to thread the top so the
>stock shift knob can screw back on?

nope, no need to thread. Stock shift knob screws right in

and oh btw, I got my B&M used for $80 shipped I know lucky me

bulloxJul-10-03 02:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#985, "RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW"
In response to Reply # 1

>after readin this, has any of the mods thought about havin a
>review section for the forum? not tryin to hijack the thread
>or anything mik

there is one

http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Reviews

jerseystyle1Jul-10-03 04:04 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#987, "RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW"
In response to Reply # 4

Thread got moved to the manual trans section of the performance/engine section.

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

KidEvoJul-11-03 06:31 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
161 posts,
#989, "RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW"
In response to Reply # 6

I meant after I cut the B&M shifter, do I need to thread it again? Did any of you owners cut it? my hand slams against my radio when I shift so I need it shorter than stock.

bulloxJul-11-03 08:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#991, "RE: Just installed my B&M Short Shifter! ^-^ REVIEW"
In response to Reply # 7

>I meant after I cut the B&M shifter, do I need to thread it
>again? Did any of you owners cut it? my hand slams against my
>radio when I shift so I need it shorter than stock.

cut out the middle of the shifter, and weld the threaded part back onto the lower part. Much easier than re-threading imo

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #976 Previous topic | Next topic