Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8949
View in linear mode

Subject: "how to test manual?" Previous topic | Next topic
DstachApr-14-12 02:20 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8949, "how to test manual?"

My trans is making a ticking noise when i start to move. I was next to my house and in neutral with slight hill. At a stop there is no noise. As I let out of the brake and begin to roll it will start ticking. I think i need a new trans. I can get a junk yard one for 100 but is there a way to test the syncros before I buy it? I don't want it to be total junk with blown out gears.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Babbz413Apr-13-12 09:53 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8950, "RE: how to test manual?"
In response to Reply # 0

Any reputable junk yard will have some type of warranty and/or return policy within so many days. Ask them what kinda guarantee they have.

95 GS Boosted

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DstachApr-13-12 10:02 PM
276 posts,
#8951, "RE: how to test manual?"
In response to Reply # 1

They don't haha. It's all sales final there. It sucks but its cheap. 100 for trans 100 for short block and 180 for complete motor.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

AdministratorCODE4Apr-14-12 02:20 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#8953, "RE: how to test manual?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Dstach
My trans is making a ticking noise when i start to move.

There are many other things in the drivetrain that can be the culprit. Why jump straight to the transmission?

---

2012 2500HD LML

DstachApr-14-12 09:13 AM
276 posts,
#8954, "RE: how to test manual?"
In response to Reply # 3

Ive been frustrated lately with it haha. I think I'm going to go back to the throw out bearing. After it was assembled I couldn't remember if the two tabs on it were aligned on the fork. Can that cause misalignment and a squeal? Today it did it when not moving so trans should be good. It's my daily and I hate little noises that I don't know what they are lol.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8949 Previous topic | Next topic