Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8945
View in linear mode

Subject: "whine from throw out bearing?" Previous topic | Next topic
DstachApr-12-12 07:41 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8945, "whine from throw out bearing?"

When I start the car with clutch in its fine. When I take my foot off the clutch it starts to whine. Driving is the same. As soon as my foot is off the clutch pedal is starts whining. I can lightly touch the clutch (not enough to slip) and it goes away. I tried adjusting the pedal and nowhere makes it go away its always there, even all the way as tight as it goes. If I keep taping it is seems to go away sometimes. Is that because something lines up? I have a new throw out bearing but didn't add grease. It came with some white lithium on it it looked like. Is the bearing going bad because of this?

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCApr-12-12 08:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8946, "RE: whine from throw out bearing?"
In response to Reply # 0

post up a vid with audio

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DstachApr-12-12 09:20 PM
276 posts,
#8947, "RE: whine from throw out bearing?"
In response to Reply # 1

Its late here. I will tomorrow morning though.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

DstachApr-12-12 09:26 PM
276 posts,
#8948, "RE: whine from throw out bearing?"
In response to Reply # 2

I tried to do a video. Phone lit very well at night! My phone doesn't pick up the high pitch though.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8945 Previous topic | Next topic