Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8825
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch Chatter from ACT Clutch/Flywheel" Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipsedrivr2002Jul-11-11 09:06 PM
Member since Jun 02nd 2010
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8825, "Clutch Chatter from ACT Clutch/Flywheel"

I Installed the DN2-HDSS which is the lightened flywheel and modular conversion clutch for our cars and I am having some chatter coming from the clutch when the car is in gear, accel, decel, and idling with the clutch pedal not pressed in. My mechanic is trying to tell me that this is normal reported noise coming from the ACT clutch which is reported by other users of the product in SRT-4's and evo's. Is anyone having a similar chatter from their clutch? My only other option is to call ACT and see what they say. I was leaning to it being a throwout bearing related problem, but he is standing firm on his stance that this is a normal sound. Anyone has any other similar experiences with this clutch/flywheel?

Oh yeah, copied/pasted from my mechanics e-mail:

Clutch noise. I also want you to be aware that this clutch only has 20ish miles on it and is no where near the 500 mile break in period, so as such will actually be making even more "noise" than what is considered normal.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/277486-evo-8-act-clutch-noise.html

What you guys think?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8825 Previous topic | Next topic