Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8647
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help" Previous topic | Next topic
kain_99gsDec-19-10 11:13 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8647, "Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"

I replaced the Master and Slave cylinder. I am having some issues building pressure though.

I have a question, if the bleeder screw (on the slave) is removed and the clutch is pressed in, in theory all of the fluid should run down and out until it is completely empty correct?

It is not doing this, and I can't seem to bleed the system at all.

I can remove the hard line from the master cylinder and push out a little bit of fluid but mostly it just sucks up air. Maybe it is bad or not pumping correctly?

Any help would be grateful, and yes I have searched/etc.

Thank you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-20-10 09:07 PM, #1
RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, kain_99gs, Dec-20-10 09:57 PM, #2
      RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-20-10 10:06 PM, #3
           RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, kain_99gs, Dec-21-10 11:26 AM, #4
           RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, kain_99gs, Dec-21-10 09:02 PM, #5
                RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-21-10 09:07 PM, #6
                     RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, kain_99gs, Dec-21-10 10:13 PM, #7
                          RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, kain_99gs, Dec-22-10 04:02 PM, #8
                               RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-22-10 04:34 PM, #9
                                    RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help, kain_99gs, Dec-22-10 07:12 PM, #10

AdministratorCODE4Dec-20-10 09:07 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8648, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 0

Principle is the same for bleeding brakes. With bleeder screw removed and pedal depressed, some fluid will come out but not all.

1. Pump pedal 3 times & hold.
2. Crack open bleeder screw.
3. Tighten bleeder screw.
4. Lift pedal and repeat steps 1-3.
5. Ensure proper fluid level between steps as the reservoir is small and drains quickly.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kain_99gsDec-20-10 09:57 PM
536 posts,
#8649, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 1

The reservoir doesn't seem to want to drain at all?

I am wondering if there is an issue with the master cylinder. It doesn't seem to build up any pressure.

AdministratorCODE4Dec-20-10 10:06 PM
2552 posts,
#8650, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 2

Remove it and see if you can bench bleed the unit.

You are sure the small hose from the reservoir is not kinked at all?

---

2012 2500HD LML

kain_99gsDec-21-10 11:26 AM
536 posts,
#8655, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 3

I will try. It should shoot out pretty hard when I bench test it correct?

Perhaps I am just being impatient with the bleeding process. If there was a lot of air would it take some time before it built up any pressure at all?

kain_99gsDec-21-10 09:02 PM
536 posts,
#8659, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 3

Well shit.

The Master Cylinder was like air-locked or something. Anyways, bled the system all the way down, got the clutch feeling like brand new...then...

The car wouldn't start! So I checked and it looks like my clutch switch isn't engaging. ARGH.

Held that and the clutch down and put it in neutral and the car starts. I am going to do some research but I am guessing you need that switch to shift. Rat bastards at Napa Auto Parts.

AdministratorCODE4Dec-21-10 09:07 PM
2552 posts,
#8660, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 5

Just disconnect the clutch safety switch. Just make sure you never leave the car in gear.

---

2012 2500HD LML

kain_99gsDec-21-10 10:13 PM
536 posts,
#8661, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 6

ARGH.

So I disconnected the neutral safety switch. Car starts great like it did before...now I can't switch into any gears with the car on. It almost sounds like an electrical motor stressed when I try to put it in gear. So frustrating. Time to do more research. :|

kain_99gsDec-22-10 04:02 PM
536 posts,
#8665, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 7

Going to try to lengthen the pedal stroke. Hope that works.

AdministratorCODE4Dec-22-10 04:34 PM
2552 posts,
#8666, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 8

Your clutch is not engaging. Have someone pump the pedal while you watch the slave cylinder for rod movement.

---

2012 2500HD LML

kain_99gsDec-22-10 07:12 PM
536 posts,
#8667, "RE: Clutch Pedal Hosed, Replaced Master and Slave cylinder...still need help"
In response to Reply # 9
Dec-22-10 07:12 PM by kain_99gs

Well, adjusted the pedal to be as "far" away as possible. Shifts like a dream now. After watching a video about clutches and drivetrain on youtube it really opened my eyes more to understanding the system. Thank you for all of your help dude!

P.S. I love this forum and it was nice while doing searches to see some of my old posts. This was the first car forum I had ever joined and it has been the most useful.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8647 Previous topic | Next topic