Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8623
View in linear mode

Subject: "Car keeps dying after A/T M/T transmission swap" Previous topic | Next topic
pozobytOct-20-10 11:26 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2010
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8623, "Car keeps dying after A/T M/T transmission swap"
Oct-20-10 11:45 PM by pozobyt

It's a 99 eclipse N/A. I recently did an auto to manual transmission conversion.
today, the car started normally, and drove perfect, but then out of nowhere, the car shut off. headlights and everything. So I put it in neutral, re-started it, and kept going, it continued to drive fine. I got gas, and restarted the car like normal, then on my way home, when I let my foot off the gas, and pushed the clutch in to slow down to a stop, the car shut off, not the headlights or anything, but it like stalled. then when I went to restart it, it wouldn't idle, unless I kept my foot on the gas. I got it home, let it sit for a second, restarted it, and it started and idled fine. and Ideas?

I did not change the ecu because I thought that the only difference was the rev limiter, could that be it?

I rely on my car heavily and really need help with this.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

freelancefoolOct-21-10 01:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8625, "RE: Car keeps dying after A/T M/T transmission swap"
In response to Reply # 0

Take the big vacuum line off the top of the throttle body. See if the car still dies. If it doesn't, I would suspect you have a bad idle air valve.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

pozobytOct-21-10 01:39 AM
6 posts,
#8626, "RE: Car keeps dying after A/T M/T transmission swap"
In response to Reply # 1

Okay, I'll try that and report back tomorrow, Thanks!

pozobytOct-21-10 02:58 PM
6 posts,
#8629, "RE: Car keeps dying after A/T M/T transmission swap"
In response to Reply # 2

Yep, It seems to only die when It gets warm, so I drove around for awhile, and waited for it to stall. Then I took that vaccum line off and it stayed running and idled smooth as butter.

Thanks!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8623 Previous topic | Next topic