Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8551
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch Problems! Video inside." Previous topic | Next topic
xiDsmmanixJul-30-10 11:10 AM
Member since May 10th 2010
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8551, "Clutch Problems! Video inside."

Clutch doesn't engage as you can see from the video, it has full fluid so it cant be leaking.. Do I need to bench bleed it? I'm so confused

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GJul-30-10 01:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8552, "RE: Clutch Problems! Video inside."
In response to Reply # 0

What has been done to the car recently?

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ebster1085Jul-30-10 06:38 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#8553, "RE: Clutch Problems! Video inside."
In response to Reply # 1

When you bled the system did you bleed both the master AND slave cylinder? It's easy to overlook the master, but IMO it needs to be done to correctly bleed the system. Follow these steps:

1. Have someone pump the clutch pedal 3-4 times and on the last time hold it down.
2. While the pedal is held down, loosen the hardline nut on the top of the master cylinder until fluid comes out, then retighten.

Repeat the above steps 3-4 times for the master cylinder, and then follow the same steps with the slave cylinder, using the bleeder valve of course.

If that doesn't work, I am at a loss.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

ezJul-30-10 07:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#8554, "RE: Clutch Problems! Video inside."
In response to Reply # 2

There HAS to be air in your system. Bleed again like mentioned above.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

dsmracr420aJul-30-10 10:24 PM
Member since Oct 16th 2006
64 posts,
#8555, "RE: Clutch Problems! Video inside."
In response to Reply # 3

Also peel back the boot on the clutch fork. Check for bends or cracks. I had a similar problem and it ended up being a cracked clutch fork.

ModeratortekleinJul-31-10 08:55 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#8556, "RE: Clutch Problems! Video inside."
In response to Reply # 4

I went through this when I swapped my trans a couple of months ago.

There is definitely air in your system, or the slave/master crapped out.

My slave was fine Friday at 8pm, and on Sat at 12pm it had died for no reason.

Swapped on a spare slave and was able to bleed in 2 minutes.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8551 Previous topic | Next topic