Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8475
View in linear mode

Subject: "I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission" Previous topic | Next topic
SaaXMay-24-10 07:33 AM
Member since May 24th 2010
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8475, "I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission"

On the cold engine I receive polishing/roar noise in manual transmission. When I wring out clutch, I do not receive noise in manual transmission.
Tell to me as it to correct?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-24-10 09:15 AM, #1
RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission, SaaX, May-24-10 09:27 PM, #2
RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission, SaaX, May-25-10 09:01 AM, #3
      RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission, adamzty, May-25-10 09:26 AM, #4
           RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission, Ebster1085, May-25-10 06:30 PM, #5
           RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission, SaaX, Jan-28-11 10:20 AM, #6
                RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission, VendorRed90Sev, Jan-28-11 01:03 PM, #7

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-24-10 09:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8476, "RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission"
In response to Reply # 0
May-24-10 09:16 AM by bullettdsm

I'm guessing that english is not your first. So I am having trouble understanding. Let me try to say it for you;

When the car is cold, you hear a grinding noise coming from the transmission. When you push in the clutch, it goes away. Is that correct? Also, when it warms up does it go away?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SaaXMay-24-10 09:27 PM
5 posts,
#8478, "RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission"
In response to Reply # 1

When you push in the clutch, it goes away. Is that correct? Also, when it warms up does it go away?
Yes is correct.

Thanks for understanding

I'm from Kazahstan, I speak russia. My English is bad.

SaaXMay-25-10 09:01 AM
5 posts,
#8479, "RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission"
In response to Reply # 1

Also, when it warms up does it go away?

Yes, noise goes away.

Do you know how to repair the transmission?

adamztyMay-25-10 09:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#8480, "RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission"
In response to Reply # 3

Probably your throw out bearing making the noise. Mine and many others do that too. It should still work fine, the only reason to replace it would be to get rid of the noise.

Ebster1085May-25-10 06:30 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#8483, "RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission"
In response to Reply # 4

Agreed. Most likely TOB noise. Usually not something to worry about. As long as the tranny is working correctly, I wouldn't worry about it.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

SaaXJan-28-11 10:20 AM
5 posts,
#8692, "RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by adamzty
Probably your throw out bearing making the noise. Mine and many others do that too. It should still work fine, the only reason to replace it would be to get rid of the noise.

What kind off bearings should I replace?

Could you advice where I can buy rebuild kit for my transmission.
Thank you.

VendorRed90SevJan-28-11 01:03 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#8693, "RE: I get a grinding/rattling noise my manual transmission"
In response to Reply # 6

God I hate or TOB's, mine sounds horrible. Especially on the freeway when I go over 50mph. I can't justify replacing it just for a noise though lol.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8475 Previous topic | Next topic