Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8383
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch is working Reversed? Drives withy pedal engaged..Need Help ASAP!" Previous topic | Next topic
MattienortonDec-18-09 02:25 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8383, "Clutch is working Reversed? Drives withy pedal engaged..Need Help ASAP!"

Ok guys so installed a new clutch master, new slave, and new clutch and new throw out bearing, new starter and alternator belts as well.

Bled the lines, clutch pedal felt great!

Started it up, dead battery of course from sitting, jumped it ran fine, sounded great! Shut it off restarted it didn't turn over, thought the belts were too tight, so i loosened the alternator belt.

Seems to be perfect now, although i have concluded my battery is potentially dead.

I try to start the car and sometimes it kills everything! No power whatsoever. When i do get power if i push on the brake pedal, it kills the power as well.

It dosn't want to shift into gears at all either, when i finally do get it into gear, if it lets me. The Clutch works backwards!

I was sure i got most or all of the air out of the bleeder on the slave cylinder.

The car moves when the pedals on the floor! When the Pedal is out disengaged i can shift through the gears. But it still feels like the clutch is slipping. I only get high rpms and no movement.

What would cause this? Could it just be that i need some adjusting under the dash? Bad throwout bearing? Bad clutch install?

Me and my brother installed it and he is a certified UTI tech, im in the process of troubleshooting with him, but his work schedule makes it a longer wait for an answer.

Never in my years have i heard of this or expirenced this. I am stumped.

Going on about 7 weeks now without the car.

Car Specs: 97 Base Eclipse 5spd NVT-350 All Stock

Can any of you guys help a fellow out?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GDec-18-09 05:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8384, "RE: Clutch is working Reversed? Drives withy pedal engaged..Need Help ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 0

So let me get this straight...

With your foot on the pedal pushed to the floor, the clutch is engaged and the car moves.

With your foot OFF the pedal and the pedal is completely up and off the floor, you can shift gears and rev the engine like the clutch is completely disengaged?

That's fucking Weird...

maybe you got the wrong clutch and you've got a pressure plate that's setup for a puller design instead of a pusher?

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MattienortonDec-18-09 11:33 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
#8386, "RE: Clutch is working Reversed? Drives withy pedal engaged..Need Help ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 1

Got it working, I guess it wasn't adjusted enough on the master slave. My push rod wasn't pushing fully enough to draw enough clutch fluid in the lines, and i inadvertently didn't bleed the line good enough because of it.

As for the electrical, well the battery positive terminal somehow got corroded so bad it needed to be cleaned off, good thing i have a battery kit that did just the trick

Now its off to fixing the front bumper.

I'll be posting pics of her soon and properly introducing myself here.

Glad to have, 'Eden' Back up and running.

So weird that the clutch pedal would be reversed from not bleeding enough though... hopefully if someone else has the same problem they'll see this post!

AdministratorCODE4Dec-18-09 11:46 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#8387, "RE: Clutch is working Reversed? Drives withy pedal engaged..Need Help ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 2
Dec-18-09 11:48 PM by CODE4

Originally posted by Mattienorton
Shut it off restarted it didn't turn over, thought the belts were too tight, so i loosened the alternator belt. Seems to be perfect now, although i have concluded my battery is potentially dead.

Seriously?

Got it working, I guess it wasn't adjusted enough on the master slave.

Please keep your word usage accurate. Although I know what you are referring to, others may not. There is no 'Master Slave'

As for the electrical, well the battery positive terminal somehow got corroded so bad it needed to be cleaned off

This happens when a battery leaks acid. The terminals will corrode.

---

2012 2500HD LML

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-22-09 11:03 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#8388, "RE: Clutch is working Reversed? Drives withy pedal engaged..Need Help ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 3

WOW....is all I can say. I oficially feel stupid after reading this. You need to pay more attention to what your typing and go buy an automotive manual for your car. This is very basic.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8383 Previous topic | Next topic