Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8123
View in linear mode

Subject: "Speedometer sensor gear" Previous topic | Next topic
99frankensteinAug-28-09 03:56 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2009
17 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8123, "Speedometer sensor gear"

So my speedometer hasn't been working for a while, and I thought the problem was related to the speedometer gear inside the transmission. So I dropped the transmission and replaced the gear...still didn't work.

I pulled the plastic gear off the speed sensor itself and hooked the sensor up to a power drill and was able to get a reading, so I assumed that the sensor was fine. It appeared the culprit was the gear that attaches to the sensor itself. The inside of it was stripped out. So I went to the local Dodge dealership (as that's where I ordered the speedo gear due to lack of a local Mitsubishi dealership). The gear I ordered is white, and appears to match up with my speedometer gear.

My question is, should there be any issue using the sensor gear from Dodge vs Mitsubishi?

Thanks in advance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCAug-28-09 11:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8124, "RE: Speedometer sensor gear"
In response to Reply # 0

same gear

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GAug-29-09 10:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#8125, "RE: Speedometer sensor gear"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
same gear

Yup. I usually bug dodge for the parts and say that the car is a 420a avenger because it's usually cheaper too.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

TuxdreamerxSep-07-09 02:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#8155, "RE: Speedometer sensor gear"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC same gear
Yup. I usually bug dodge for the parts and say that the car is a 420a avenger because it's usually cheaper too.

Same here. I went to a mitsu dealer once and it was way more expensive than dodge.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8123 Previous topic | Next topic