Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8114
View in linear mode

Subject: "aftermarket diff. pin?" Previous topic | Next topic
rshisslerAug-10-09 11:18 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2008
172 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8114, "aftermarket diff. pin?"

K so since my trans exploded on me i've been anal about makin sure it doesn't happen again or makeing less expensive to fix. So far i've got an LSD and safty bracets for the diff. i was researchin on here and a someone said aobut gettin a aftermarket pin thats stronger and can withstand more heat. I've searched but never found one. Does anyone make one or would it need ot be custom made?

On a side note. I know what happens when the pin breaks without the safty bracets ( it deicides it doesn't like the inside of the case and then adds some ait vents in it), but what happens with the brackets keepin the pin in when it breaks? Like what are the signs of a broke diff pin.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, 420agreenvilleSC, Aug-11-09 07:39 AM, #1
RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, rshissler, Aug-11-09 12:36 PM, #2
      RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, barza21, Aug-11-09 12:44 PM, #3
           RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, 420agreenvilleSC, Aug-11-09 05:40 PM, #4
                RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, rshissler, Aug-11-09 08:38 PM, #5
                     RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, 1slw97, Aug-12-09 08:35 PM, #6
                          RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, rshissler, Aug-13-09 03:04 PM, #7
                               RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, rshissler, Aug-14-09 01:38 AM, #8
                                    RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, rshissler, Aug-29-09 02:08 PM, #9
                                         RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, 420agreenvilleSC, Aug-29-09 07:51 PM, #10
RE: aftermarket diff. pin?, Purpose, Sep-25-09 12:16 AM, #11

420agreenvilleSCAug-11-09 07:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8115, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 0

stop doing one wheel burnouts, and drive it sanely, and you won't have issues.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rshisslerAug-11-09 12:36 PM
172 posts,
#8116, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 1

i only burn out when i launch the car. also thats what the lsd is for lol

barza21Aug-11-09 12:44 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#8117, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 2

If I am not mistaken, if you gent an LSD there is no need for those pins anymore; at least not with the quaife.

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

420agreenvilleSCAug-11-09 05:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8118, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by barza21
If I am not mistaken, if you gent an LSD there is no need for those pins anymore; at least not with the quaife.

x2. what kind of LSD are you running?

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

rshisslerAug-11-09 08:38 PM
172 posts,
#8119, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 4

im gonna be using a PG LSD

1slw97Aug-12-09 08:35 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
#8120, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by rshissler
im gonna be using a PG LSD

I run the PG LSD. It still chews up diff pins. I say once a year i pull it apart to put a new pin in. This is with a lot of track time also.

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

rshisslerAug-13-09 03:04 PM
172 posts,
#8121, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 6

that sucks lol

rshisslerAug-14-09 01:38 AM
172 posts,
#8122, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 7

how much track use does your car get?

rshisslerAug-29-09 02:08 PM
172 posts,
#8127, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 8

do you guys think cyro treating the pin would help it any?

420agreenvilleSCAug-29-09 07:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8128, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 9

no. cyro'ing your entire diff, on the other hand, would help somewhat.

PurposeSep-25-09 12:16 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2009
42 posts,
#8182, "RE: aftermarket diff. pin?"
In response to Reply # 0

Best way to prevent differential pin failure is not to use a differential with a differential pin. Period. Running the brackets puts a band aid on the issue. Be sure to remove the reatinign pin, so the differential pin can more freely when it comes in contact with the axle. Treating the gears will do little to nothing for the differential pin issue, and the PG is going to leave metal shavings in your gear fluid. You will be pulling the transmission again by the souund of your driving habits. Invest in a Quaife, or keep several transmissions on standby. There is one other way, that probably cost as much as a Quaife.

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=333082

Good info and service in that thread.

Banned

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8114 Previous topic | Next topic