Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8053
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pics of Blown Bellhousing." Previous topic | Next topic
Babbz413Jul-18-09 08:14 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8053, "Pics of Blown Bellhousing."
Jul-18-09 08:18 PM by Babbz413

This happened back in February and I been meaning to get pics up. This happened 2 houses down from mine when i was taking off and shifting into 2nd gear.

the rivets or whatever which held the clutch and flywheel all in one piece must have given out.

this was stock tranny and clutch with 140000

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing., 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-18-09 11:15 PM, #1
RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing., rshissler, Jul-19-09 01:23 AM, #2
      RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing., Babbz413, Jul-19-09 05:13 PM, #3
           RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing., User_22, Jul-20-09 06:48 PM, #4
                RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing., Babbz413, Jul-20-09 09:27 PM, #5
                     RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing., Mattienorton, Dec-13-09 09:20 PM, #6

420agreenvilleSCJul-18-09 11:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8054, "RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing."
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-18-09 11:16 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

holy fuckn shit hell. lol. that's awesome. well, swap for another bellhousing i guess, unless the input shaft bearing got messed up in the process

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rshisslerJul-19-09 01:23 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2008
172 posts,
#8055, "RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing."
In response to Reply # 1

Dayme!!! i thought mine was bad

Babbz413Jul-19-09 05:13 PM
260 posts,
#8057, "RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing."
In response to Reply # 2
Jul-19-09 05:13 PM by Babbz413

oh i found someone that worked for chrysler yeahrs ago and had a tranny with 0 miles on it. he had one housing and bellhousing put together with the internals all intact and another that was hollow. the difference was that the clutch levers were different. lucky for me the one with the clutch lever on the bottom was the one that he had the internals in. in that 2nd pic you can see the spare housing he gave me in case i needed to swap over the bellhousing.

i actually made out. paying only 200 for a brand new tranny

User_22Jul-20-09 06:48 PM
Member since Jun 17th 2009
29 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8058, "RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing."
In response to Reply # 3

Did you do a hard launch or something? Those bellhousings are heavy as hell, so I'm trying to see how you blew a big chunk off like that.

Babbz413Jul-20-09 09:27 PM
260 posts,
#8060, "RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing."
In response to Reply # 4

no launch. a friend and i were taking off from my house. took off in 1st, shift to second and BOOM!

MattienortonDec-13-09 09:20 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
#8360, "RE: Pics of Blown Bellhousing."
In response to Reply # 5

holy shit NICE JOB!!

haha almost did the same to mine last week. thank god it didn't blow the housing though..

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eatonclutchsupply/

You can get a new clutch from there, cheapest in the US that i have been able to find, unless you know someone or course lol

There main website is, eatonclutchsupply.com

as for the tranny maybe search the for sale forums?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8053 Previous topic | Next topic