Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7903
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help" Previous topic | Next topic
2G_DadJun-06-09 02:14 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2007
108 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7903, "Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help"

Apparently, the underhood retaining clips that hold the shift cables in place worked themselves loose and have disappeared. Has anyone come up with a readily available replacement for these, or fabricated something. Kind of need this in a hurry. Junkyard is closed and car is needed for Monday morning. I can't even find a picture of these things. Thanks for any ideas.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help, adamzty, Jun-06-09 02:25 PM, #1
RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help, 2G_Dad, Jun-06-09 02:40 PM, #2
      RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help, adamzty, Jun-06-09 02:44 PM, #3
           RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-06-09 03:56 PM, #4
                RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help, 2G_Dad, Jun-06-09 06:30 PM, #5
                     RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-07-09 01:45 PM, #6
                          RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help, AJM, Jul-08-09 11:07 AM, #7

adamztyJun-06-09 02:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7904, "RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-06-09 02:26 PM by adamzty

Paperclip might work if I know what you are talking about.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2G_DadJun-06-09 02:40 PM
108 posts,
#7905, "RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by adamzty
Paperclip might work if I know what you are talking about.

Hmmm...not sure. These are the clips under the hood that hold the shift cables to the bracket that bolts on the top of the tranny. Without them the inner and outer cable both move instead of just the inner cable. Result is you can't shift (nothing pushing the levers on the tranny).

adamztyJun-06-09 02:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#7906, "RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help"
In response to Reply # 2

Ok, I was thinking of the wrong thing. I don't know what you could do..

RoninEclipse2GJun-06-09 03:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#7907, "RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help"
In response to Reply # 3

Unfortunately those damn clips can only be found at the dealer or used from a yard.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

2G_DadJun-06-09 06:30 PM
108 posts,
#7908, "RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Unfortunately those damn clips can only be found at the dealer or used from a yard.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Will have to wait until Monday. Thanks for the reply.

420agreenvilleSCJun-07-09 01:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7910, "RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help"
In response to Reply # 5

I have like 4 of them. Unfortunately i'm at the beach right now on a laptop, checking new threads and I can't send you one. only your local Dealer can help you. Im sorry my friend.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

AJMJul-08-09 11:07 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
3 posts,
#8020, "RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help"
In response to Reply # 6
Jul-08-09 11:07 AM by AJM

I used some body clips from auto zone, they are the closest thing i could find, then I wrapped ducktape around them and hammered them down. Works perfectly. Better than stock in my opp.

I can post pic. if u need.

AJM

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7903 Previous topic | Next topic