Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7813
View in linear mode

Subject: "5th gear synchro problem" Previous topic | Next topic
95eclipse420AMay-02-09 01:25 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2005
139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7813, "5th gear synchro problem"

So, i took my trans apart to swap the dif, and of course, one of the ball bearings in my 5th gear synchro fell out. Any suggestions on the easiest way to fix this? What will it hurt if I leave it out? I have a spare trans i have been learning on, and i cannot get it back together without the bearings falling back out. I really need help on this one so i can get my car back together. Thanks

Banned

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-03-09 02:54 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7814, "RE: 5th gear synchro problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Your going to have to get it back in there. It takes three fingers to keep all three in place as you slide the outer slider over the ball detents. Have a friend help if you cant do it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95eclipse420AMay-04-09 01:50 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2005
139 posts,
#7815, "RE: 5th gear synchro problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Ok, I've got it fixed, whats the easiest way to get the gear set back in the case without the gears sliding off the shaft? I tried it with the case upside down, but i cant get my hands in there to line everything up.

Banned

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7813 Previous topic | Next topic