Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7806
View in linear mode

Subject: "Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not." Previous topic | Next topic
halfasss101Apr-27-09 06:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7806, "Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not."

hey everyone, just installed my FE stage 5 SBC a week ago and a few days ago my freeplay just went nuts in the pedal. About 3/4 of the total pedal travel was freeplay but clutch was still functioning properly and shifting fine. After i pump it a couple times it goes back to normal and the clutch fully disengages almost at the top. This normal for this clutch? I have read other posts on here about people and their CM stage 4 but i wanted to hear from other SBC FE users. Anyway, not my main questions. Could the random freeplay be the slave cylinder taking a shit or what? Am thinking about doing the restrictor mod this week also. My friend said maybe slave was takin a shit. What do you guys think?
Thanks
Cameron

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not., 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-27-09 08:30 PM, #1
RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not., adamzty, Apr-27-09 08:40 PM, #2
RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not., RoninEclipse2G, Apr-29-09 04:31 PM, #3
      RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not., halfasss101, Apr-30-09 12:10 AM, #4
           RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not., halfasss101, May-04-09 10:47 PM, #5
                RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not., adamzty, May-05-09 09:05 AM, #6
                     RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not., Mattienorton, Dec-13-09 09:31 PM, #7

420agreenvilleSCApr-27-09 08:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7808, "RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not."
In response to Reply # 0

won't have mine in for about another month but i'll report back w/ my results when I do.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

adamztyApr-27-09 08:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#7809, "RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not."
In response to Reply # 0

Try bleeding your clutch. If that doesn't help, your master or slave cylinder could be going bad.

RoninEclipse2GApr-29-09 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#7810, "RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by adamzty
Try bleeding your clutch. If that doesn't help, your master or slave cylinder could be going bad.

agreed.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

halfasss101Apr-30-09 12:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#7811, "RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not."
In response to Reply # 3

well we bled it alot when we got everything back together but will try again tomorrow. synthetic dot 3 fluid shouldnt matter right? it did make the pedal really soft with the synthetic fluid

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

halfasss101May-04-09 10:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#7816, "RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not."
In response to Reply # 4

ok well I bled the clutch again. no difference. master cylinder is leaking up under the dash too so it looks like I'll be getting slave and master

adamztyMay-05-09 09:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#7817, "RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not."
In response to Reply # 5

You can get the rebuild kit for about $15 if you don't want to pay for a whole new master cylinder.

MattienortonDec-13-09 09:31 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
#8367, "RE: Somestimes clutch pedal freeplay, sometimes not."
In response to Reply # 6

If your replacing the master might as well replace the slave as well.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7806 Previous topic | Next topic