Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7712
View in linear mode

Subject: "Remote Start?" Previous topic | Next topic
greekgodchaos2Mar-11-09 10:29 PM
Member since Mar 02nd 2008
55 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7712, "Remote Start?"

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has installed a remote start on their MT 420a eclipse, and if there maybe is an article on how to do it. I currently have a 479vx viper car alarm installed and so does anyone know how to install a starter that will work with my alarm system? thanks in advance guys.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T
FMIC, T3/T4 Turbo, TIAL Wastegate, Walboro 255, 12:1 FMU, MBC, FCD, Remanufactured Transmission w/ Cryo'd Synchros, Stage 1 Racing Clutch, Glowshift Gauges, 30000k HID, Blacked Out Taillights, 5% Window Tint, Evo 3 Racing Seats, Greddy Type-S BOV, Reventon Inspired Interior, Pilot Foglights.

Coming Soon: GSX Spoiler, CF OEM Hood, 30000k High Beam HID's, New Shocks/Springs, 2" Drop, LED Tail lights, Lip Kit+New OEM Bumper (Mines kinda effed up), OEM Foglights, 440cc 4g63 Injectors, SAFC 2?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Remote Start?, Slo2g, Mar-11-09 11:22 PM, #1
RE: Remote Start?, greekgodchaos2, Mar-12-09 12:43 AM, #2
      RE: Remote Start?, adamzty, Mar-12-09 09:03 AM, #3
           RE: Remote Start?, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-12-09 12:42 PM, #4
RE: Remote Start?, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-12-09 04:39 PM, #5
RE: Remote Start?, Slo2g, Mar-16-09 05:58 PM, #6
      RE: Remote Start?, klynt96rst, Mar-18-09 10:31 AM, #7
           RE: Remote Start?, greekgodchaos2, Mar-19-09 12:27 AM, #8
                RE: Remote Start?, halfasss101, Mar-31-09 07:01 PM, #9

Slo2gMar-11-09 11:22 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7713, "RE: Remote Start?"
In response to Reply # 0

You should be able to use something like an Avital 411 or something like that that is just a remote start and add it to your existing alarm. As far as the clutch pedal, you can use the status output on the alarm to send a neg to the clutch pedal sensor you make it think that it is depresed. Just make sure you ALWAYS leave your car in neutral.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

greekgodchaos2Mar-12-09 12:43 AM
55 posts,
#7714, "RE: Remote Start?"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks, ive always heard that so many people leave their cars in gear when they park and i never figured out why, but i always leave my car in neutral. its a reflex haha

FMIC, T3/T4 Turbo, TIAL Wastegate, Walboro 255, 12:1 FMU, MBC, FCD, Remanufactured Transmission w/ Cryo'd Synchros, Stage 1 Racing Clutch, Glowshift Gauges, 30000k HID, Blacked Out Taillights, 5% Window Tint, Evo 3 Racing Seats, Greddy Type-S BOV, Reventon Inspired Interior, Pilot Foglights.

Coming Soon: GSX Spoiler, CF OEM Hood, 30000k High Beam HID's, New Shocks/Springs, 2" Drop, LED Tail lights, Lip Kit+New OEM Bumper (Mines kinda effed up), OEM Foglights, 440cc 4g63 Injectors, SAFC 2?

adamztyMar-12-09 09:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#7715, "RE: Remote Start?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by greekgodchaos2
thanks, ive always heard that so many people leave their cars in gear when they park and i never figured out why, but i always leave my car in neutral. its a reflex haha

They do it so their car doesn't roll if the parking brake fails.

There are some remote start systems that have a "neutral safety switch" to prevent you from trying to start your car when it is in gear. I looked into it a while back, but it was too expensive for me...

I believe it is illegal in some states to have a remote start on ma manual transmission car.

RoninEclipse2GMar-12-09 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#7716, "RE: Remote Start?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by adamzty
I believe it is illegal in some states to have a remote start on ma manual transmission car.

AFAIK it's illegal for a professional installer to install a remote start on a manual vehicle in all 50 states. I haven't heard about any issues with DIYer's doing it themselves, and the only problems I've heard of is people leaving the car in gear without the e-brake running cars into walls and such.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

AdministratorCODE4Mar-12-09 04:39 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#7717, "RE: Remote Start?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a CODE brand alarm/remote start on my 5 speed. I unhooked the white harness under the dash that traces to the clutch safety switch. As far as an add on remote start module, I would check with Viper/DEI about an add on. Ideally, you should have bought the package as one, so you do not have the issue of having two separate brains needing two separate remotes. If you can find a module that interfaces with the Viper brain, then you should be able to utilize the viper remote as long as you as auxiliary outputs.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Slo2gMar-16-09 05:58 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#7718, "RE: Remote Start?"
In response to Reply # 5

They make remote start modules for manual transmission cars. I work for Best Buy and I have put a few on. It makes you go through a sequence every time you get out of the car. To sum it up it makes you get out of the car with it running and when you lock it it kills the car so it knows that it was in neutral when it was lock/armed last. If the alarm goes off then it cancles the sequence that was done and it wont remote start. Check out directed.com for more details, I think the Viper one is a 5701 keyless,alarm,remote start.

klynt96rstMar-18-09 10:31 AM
Member since Jun 12th 2008
25 posts,
#7722, "RE: Remote Start?"
In response to Reply # 6

they make remote starts for manuels, you can get off ebay for cheap,, or you can use a auto remote start even tho the manuels for them say not too, just before to keep your car in neatrual

Striped and left for dead now rebuilding
96 Eclipse Rs will be T again soon
Cold Air intake, Megan Header, N1 Cat back exhaust, test pipe, UDP, Drum To Disc Conversion, OBX throttle body spacer

greekgodchaos2Mar-19-09 12:27 AM
55 posts,
#7734, "RE: Remote Start?"
In response to Reply # 7

ok well the ebay ones look promising, but im just wondering if i install one of those systems, is there a way i can use my AUX button on my Viper Remote with the other brand manual starter unit?

halfasss101Mar-31-09 07:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#7758, "RE: Remote Start?"
In response to Reply # 8

no because the remote in the ebay is programmed for that particular remote start module. I am not familiar with that model of viper alarm, but if its a fairly new one, it should have remote start capability. My friend and i installed an alarm with remote start on his mazdaspeed miata with manual trans just by splicing wires under the steering column and works great.

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7712 Previous topic | Next topic