Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7681
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please help. How do I install the throw out bearing?" Previous topic | Next topic
JasonSTFeb-24-09 01:55 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2009
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7681, "Please help. How do I install the throw out bearing?"

Just like the title says. I've never done this before and I'm trying to figure out if it just simply slides on, or does it clip in a certain way? Thanks for any help.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ezFeb-24-09 03:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7682, "RE: Please help. How do I install the throw out bearing?"
In response to Reply # 0

It slides on, but there are two small tabs that must go behind the TOB lever fork. Make sure you don't break them. If you put it on incorrectly or break those tabs then you will get a rattle when the clutch pedal is not being pressed on. It's hard to visualize so I use a little mirror to double check that the tabs are placed correctly. Also make sure you have auto grease on the bearing.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JasonSTFeb-24-09 04:25 PM
19 posts,
#7683, "RE: Please help. How do I install the throw out bearing?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks alot for the help. Ok I wasn't sure if it was just the tabs that hold it in place, cause it seams like it could come loose pretty easy even with the tabs in place, though I broke 1 of the tabs, so just to be safe I ordered a new bearing. Yah I don't have any high temp grease, so I might get some tomorrow, cause it sounds like normal grease doesn't work.

ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-24-09 05:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#7685, "RE: Please help. How do I install the throw out bearing?"
In response to Reply # 2

Heh heh, yeah, its sloppy. Also, the breakage is not uncommon. Good luck.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

JasonSTFeb-24-09 06:22 PM
19 posts,
#7686, "RE: Please help. How do I install the throw out bearing?"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7681 Previous topic | Next topic