Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7666
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wiki write up: Pulling transmission" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-13-09 03:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7666, "Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
Feb-13-09 03:38 PM by bullettdsm

Thought I would let you guys know about a write-up I just posted. There have been conversations about pulling the tranny from top, bottom, with engine, without engine; and I thought I would do a write up on how I generally do it. I finally have a full stock vehicle that needed a tranny, lol, so I thought a write up was appropriate;

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Removing_your_transmission

I just wanted to post up here for those that don't generally check in to the "Manual Trans - NV-T350" forum too much. I'll move her to the MT NV-T350 forum in due time.

Just a reminder of the info that is posted up specifically in our Wiki

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, adamzty, Feb-13-09 04:13 PM, #1
RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-14-09 03:59 AM, #2
      RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-14-09 05:01 AM, #3
           RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, Moderatorteklein, Feb-14-09 07:48 AM, #4
                RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-14-09 03:19 PM, #5
                     RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-14-09 04:30 PM, #6
                          RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, 420agreenvilleSC, Feb-15-09 02:35 PM, #7
                               RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, ez, Feb-15-09 02:48 PM, #8
                               RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-15-09 03:55 PM, #9
                               RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-15-09 05:41 PM, #10

adamztyFeb-13-09 04:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7667, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice write-up! I can tell it took you a lot of time to put that together. I don't need to pull my tranny right now, but should I ever need to, this will be a big help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-14-09 03:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#7668, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-14-09 04:00 AM by DarkOne

I can't tell you how many years I've been meaning to write this up! Thanks, Mark!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-14-09 05:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#7669, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DarkOne
I can't tell you how many years I've been meaning to write this up! Thanks, Mark!

One of those things you keep meaning to get to. Yeah, I understand. But like I said, I finally had a full stocker to play with so it seemed like the best time.

Appreciate it Adam, this write up DID have a little more time to it that normal, lol. Hopefully it will give people a bit more confidence to try it out.

So we've got engine, we've got tranny, we've got axles, let's get brakes and suspension going on in the Wiki. I know a lot of you guys have done (or are about to do) them. Just take some pics and notes as you go. It will be helpful to the rest of the community.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq

ModeratortekleinFeb-14-09 07:48 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#7670, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 3

Very nice Bullett!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-14-09 03:19 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#7671, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 4

Thats the oddball 95 trans. Only year to get the additional ribs on the outer case.

ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-14-09 04:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#7672, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 5

Funny thing. It came out of the 99 but I did notice that it had been rebuilt in some respects (different case sealants than stock). Had multiple problems, but I was curious if it was a Neon tranny due to the bell housing looking different.

Captain Caveman

420agreenvilleSCFeb-15-09 02:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7673, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 6

excellent wiki addition. holy crap alot of rust though

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ezFeb-15-09 02:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#7674, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 7

Strong work Mark. I'd be interested in hearing pearls of wisdom about the install too. When I installed my tranny last time, I had trouble orienting that rear tranny mount. I think I hit it too hard against the vehicle speed sensor, b/c now I don't a functioning speedometer.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-15-09 03:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#7675, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 8

Great work, thanks for taking the time to do this. It will definitely be beneficial to all of us!

I contributed to the Wiki.

ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-15-09 05:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#7676, "RE: Wiki write up: Pulling transmission"
In response to Reply # 7
Feb-15-09 05:42 PM by bullettdsm

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
holy crap alot of rust though

I'm glad you noticed. I was actually happy about that (in a weird kinda way). Sometimes, people will see a write up and look at all the clean parts that are being taken apart etc. They will sometimes take the position that well, of course it was easy for whoever took those parts off, because all the parts are nice and clean. With the condition of these parts (lol, rusty. Not quite as rusty as they look on the camera, but rusty nonetheless), people can see that we all have to deal with the rust encrusted parts.

Originally posted by ez
Strong work Mark. I'd be interested in hearing pearls of wisdom about the install too. When I installed my tranny last time, I had trouble orienting that rear tranny mount. I think I hit it too hard against the vehicle speed sensor, b/c now I don't a functioning speedometer.

Gracias sir. Ah yes, I know what you are talking about. Yeah, what I do is just tighten down that cross bolt in the mount (just enough so that it will stay in a "wheelie" postion while I manuever tranny) as I bring the tranny back up (and after I have bolted up those 4 bolts I left until last), thats when I "lever" the mount down onto the tranny. Then I go for the tranny nose mount. Otherwise, well, you already know what can happen.

I DID want to do the write up for the install, but as I told you earlier, with a 9 hour removal and install, I had to stop taking notes and pics and get to work, lol.

Appreciate the kind words guys.

Captain Caveman

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7666 Previous topic | Next topic