Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7623
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch pedal engagement" Previous topic | Next topic
NemoJan-19-09 11:55 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7623, "Clutch pedal engagement"

I have a 97RS and my son a 99RS. I swear his pedal seems to engage much closer to the floor than mine. Is there any adjustment for this?
Is it simply a wear issue? Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutch pedal engagement, keislij, Jan-20-09 08:32 AM, #1
RE: Clutch pedal engagement, Nemo, Jan-20-09 02:00 PM, #2
RE: Clutch pedal engagement, adamzty, Feb-06-09 10:03 AM, #3
RE: Clutch pedal engagement, Nemo, Feb-06-09 03:30 PM, #4
      RE: Clutch pedal engagement, adamzty, Feb-06-09 05:16 PM, #5
           RE: Clutch pedal engagement, freelancefool, Feb-07-09 12:07 AM, #6
           RE: Clutch pedal engagement, Nemo, Feb-07-09 12:23 AM, #8
                RE: Clutch pedal engagement, adamzty, Feb-07-09 10:22 AM, #9
                RE: Clutch pedal engagement, Nemo, Feb-07-09 11:15 AM, #10
                RE: Clutch pedal engagement, freelancefool, Feb-08-09 10:14 AM, #14
           RE: Clutch pedal engagement, Nemo, Feb-07-09 12:20 AM, #7
                RE: Clutch pedal engagement, halfasss101, Feb-07-09 06:25 PM, #11
                     RE: Clutch pedal engagement, Nemo, Feb-07-09 08:54 PM, #12
                          RE: Clutch pedal engagement, halfasss101, Feb-07-09 10:51 PM, #13

keislijJan-20-09 08:32 AM
Member since Nov 26th 2008
46 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7624, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 0

has his hydraulic system ever been messed with? it could need bled. or just use new fluid.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NemoJan-20-09 02:00 PM
366 posts,
#7625, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 1

hmmm, not sure. We've only had the car a few months. Guess I'll just refresh the fluid. Actually I like it to hook up closer to the floor like his. Thanks, we'll just do them both.

adamztyFeb-06-09 10:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#7632, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 0

Your clutch is more worn than his.

NemoFeb-06-09 03:30 PM
366 posts,
#7640, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks Tyler-I knew I was hoping against hope.

adamztyFeb-06-09 05:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#7641, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 4

If there is anything wrong, it would be with HIS hydrualics, not yours.

Clutch engaging too early or not disengaging = problem with hydraulics.

Clutch engaging to late or not engaging = clutch ware.

How many miles do you have on the clutch?

freelancefoolFeb-07-09 12:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#7643, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 5

I think that for a stock clutch you are probably correct, but mine is fully disengaged about 1" from when you press it. I've done the slave cylinder mod and I am running a Fidanza 2.1 clutch (nonmodular) with lightweight flywheel.

My Blog

NemoFeb-07-09 12:23 AM
366 posts,
#7645, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 6

I'll have to do a search on that slave cylinder mod-not familiar with it.

How do you like that lightweight flywheel? Is it the modified OEM or the Fridenza aluminum?

adamztyFeb-07-09 10:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#7646, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 8
Feb-07-09 10:23 AM by adamzty

Its called the clutch restrictor mod. Very easy and free!

140k is quite a bit of miles on the origional clutch, even if it has been driven easy.

NemoFeb-07-09 11:15 AM
366 posts,
#7647, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 9

Thanks Tyler. I'll look up thst mod. Yeah 140k is alot. Hope it doesn't take a dump before I'm ready ($) to replace it.

freelancefoolFeb-08-09 10:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#7655, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Nemo
I'll have to do a search on that slave cylinder mod-not familiar with it. How do you like that lightweight flywheel? Is it the modified OEM or the Fridenza aluminum?

It is the Fidanza 8lb flywheel. It's not bad. The car is pretty easy to stall out if you aren't careful. I think my entire clutch assembly is 22lbs including the flywheel. The stock flywheel is maybe 24lbs. I've never driven a stock 2gnt 5 speed though. Mine was an automatic that got converted.

The clutch restrictor mod was also done at the same time I swapped everything else out so I have no idea how that affects stock driveability either.

Just thought you should know that since my opinion on things is most likely skewed.

My Blog

NemoFeb-07-09 12:20 AM
366 posts,
#7644, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 5

No Idea on the milage. The car has 140,00 and was driven pretty easy for the most part. I'd guess it's stock too. When I replace it I'll do a stage three so I can feel something under my foot, lol. That should be plenty for a NT.

halfasss101Feb-07-09 06:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#7648, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 7

mine is also about an inch from the floor when it starts to grab. 118k miles on the stock clutch and still feels great. Then again, i have not felt a new one in this car, so i can't compare, but can imagine it would make a world of difference. I'll have to look up that clutch restrictor mod also.

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

NemoFeb-07-09 08:54 PM
366 posts,
#7652, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 11

Here ya go. More trouble bleeding the system than doing the mod. Go for it!

http://www.2gnt.com/www/files/clutchrestrictor2.htm

halfasss101Feb-07-09 10:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#7653, "RE: Clutch pedal engagement"
In response to Reply # 12

Thanks!

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7623 Previous topic | Next topic