Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7457
View in linear mode

Subject: "Suggestions, Speed sensor gear fell int tranny!" Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterDec-14-08 05:46 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7457, "Suggestions, Speed sensor gear fell int tranny!"

Well, I was putting i some oil in the tranny cuz when I put it back on I didn't torque the bolt of the drain and it leaked a lot of fluid. Anyways I torqued the bolt I got some fluid, so I removed the speed sensor and the plastic gear (black one) that attaches to the sensor didn't wanna come out. So in that proces I dropped it inside the tranny but I could still touch it with my fingers so I left it like that to go get some pliers. And my friend tried to grab it with his fingers and dropped it even further down! Anyways I tried with a wire to pull it out and no luck. Do any of you have any suggestion as to how to get it out?

I really don't want to pull out the tranny just cuz that stupid plastic gear wont come out. But I don't wanna risk the tranny that was recently repaired either. Plz let me know if you think of something that might help...

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

keislijDec-15-08 12:36 AM
Member since Nov 26th 2008
46 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7458, "RE: Suggestions, Speed sensor gear fell int tranny!"
In response to Reply # 0

I think that happened to dino, definately dont leave it in there it most likley will cost you your tranny. but if you cant get it out from the top your most likely gonna end up dropping the tranny. its really not that bad to do. there are some good write ups on how to do it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

klynt96rstMar-18-09 10:37 AM
Member since Jun 12th 2008
25 posts,
#7725, "RE: Suggestions, Speed sensor gear fell int tranny!"
In response to Reply # 1

+1 one probably going to have to drop the tranny
if u have the money while its out put a stage clutch in and aluminum drive shaft

Striped and left for dead now rebuilding
96 Eclipse Rs will be T again soon
Cold Air intake, Megan Header, N1 Cat back exhaust, test pipe, UDP, Drum To Disc Conversion, OBX throttle body spacer

ModeratorbullettdsmMar-18-09 03:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#7726, "RE: Suggestions, Speed sensor gear fell int tranny!"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-18-09 03:10 PM by bullettdsm

Originally posted by klynt96rst
while its out put a stage clutch in and aluminum drive shaft ?

Um, check yourself on that one.

Tough luck, man. Gotta go fishing. Non magnetic, maybe try grease on a stick IF you can find it. You can also fish with thick mechanics wire. You can try going in by the drain plug also. You may be able to knock it up.

Do not try to just fire it up to crunch the sensor bottom piece. Very very likely that you will screw up the tranny.

Good luck.

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7457 Previous topic | Next topic