Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6844
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transaxle failure?" Previous topic | Next topic
420aSebringDec-17-07 02:24 PM
Member since Aug 19th 2006
60 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6844, "Transaxle failure?"
Dec-17-07 02:32 PM by 420aSebring

Ok, I was heading home last week I notice from going into first once the light turned green I had wheel spin and next thing I know it sounded like parts were falling from under the car (none weren't though), and then while engaging into third gear I hear a whinning noise (the noise from that point on was noticeable in any gear), not only do I hear a noise but I also notice that 3rd was harder to get into. When I got home I decided to take it around the neighborhood to see if I could repeat the symptoms so I could get an idea of what was wrong. So as soon as I throw it into reverse I hear a big thud and then I can't engage into any gear whatsoever, not only that but now the car can't even be pushed up the driveway in neutral because the front wheels are locked up so now it's just sitting in the middle of the driveway. Any of the NVT-350 gurus have an idea of what the problem could be? Thanks in advance.

"ex-ATX"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-17-07 02:36 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6845, "RE: Transaxle failure?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have an idea, you broke something. Look for a new trans. My guess is something failed in the Differential or output shaft which would cause the axles to lock up.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420aSebringDec-18-07 05:46 AM
Member since Aug 19th 2006
60 posts,
#6846, "RE: Transaxle failure?"
In response to Reply # 1

Alright, thanks.

"ex-ATX"

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-18-07 06:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#6847, "RE: Transaxle failure?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 420aSebring
Alright, thanks.

yeah, sounds like a diff or output shaft bearing failure.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-18-07 10:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6848, "RE: Transaxle failure?"
In response to Reply # 3

Peg legging = death to diffs

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6844 Previous topic | Next topic