Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6602
View in linear mode

Subject: "Right way to put axles back in?" Previous topic | Next topic
505racerAug-20-07 12:56 PM
Member since Jun 10th 2007
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6602, "Right way to put axles back in?"

Got done putting my tranny back in the car today.
put the axles in, tires back on and everything
then my grandpa said i had to retake the axles out and that the axles have to go in a certan way with each other so they do not cause vibration

is this true?

I really dont want to take everything off again in the 110 degree temp. outside

T.I.A

Cruz

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

streetlightningAug-20-07 01:17 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6603, "RE: Right way to put axles back in?"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont think there an "orentation", they are just splined, i just did mine, my only worry on mine is if they are in far enuf lol. but they are not "keyed" so that they only go in in 1 certan position.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freelancefoolAug-20-07 01:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#6604, "RE: Right way to put axles back in?"
In response to Reply # 1

I have no problems with balancing on mine. I'm sure that if you were dealing with a rear wheel drive vehicle this would be the case. However with an open front differential the axles will spin at different speeds when turning and it wouldn't matter how the axles were oriented at this point.

My Blog

505racerAug-20-07 01:28 PM
Member since Jun 10th 2007
62 posts,
#6606, "RE: Right way to put axles back in?"
In response to Reply # 2

that was my reasoning.

ok thank you very much

Cruz

RoninEclipse2GAug-28-07 08:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#6610, "RE: Right way to put axles back in?"
In response to Reply # 3

no orientation, just be careful not to damage the seals, or you'll be pissing tranny fluid all over the place

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6602 Previous topic | Next topic