Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6342
View in linear mode

Subject: "clutch install" Previous topic | Next topic
goalie40May-05-07 04:18 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6342, "clutch install"

hey all I have been looking for 2 days now I cant find the write up on a clutch install Its funny i can see a post in things we have seen b4 but cant click on it can someone post a link please. thanks again its for a non modular If there are more than one

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

freelancefoolMay-06-07 05:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6343, "RE: clutch install"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you looking for a howto on a non-modular setup?

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

goalie40May-06-07 10:34 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#6344, "RE: clutch install"
In response to Reply # 1

yep

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

freelancefoolMay-07-07 01:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#6345, "RE: clutch install"
In response to Reply # 2

Well first you need the bolts that hold the pressure plate to the flywheel and the flywheel to th crank. I would suggest using some blue loctite to ensure the bolts do not back out. I picked up the pressure plate to flywheel bolts at an industrial screw supply house. The flywheel to the crank I purchased from a Dodge dealership since the industrial place didn't have anything that finely threaded in the size I needed. Make sure the bolts are a Class 10.9 or higher. I think mine are 12.9. Bolt sizes are here.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=62&mode=full

Next up you need a nonmodular clutch setup for a 95 Dodge Neon. I used this as an opportunity to grab a lightweight flywheel from Fidanza.

Next up, bolt the flywheel to the crank. I think the torque specs are 35 ft/lbs. Use the included pilot bushing, some red loctite and insert the bushing into the crank.

There will be a clutch alignment tool with the nonmodular clutch kit. I let the clutch hang on the alignment tool while I bolted the pressure plate up.

Stab the transmission to the motor and you are done.

My Blog

TeamDR1665May-07-07 08:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#6346, "RE: clutch install"
In response to Reply # 3

Moving to transmission....

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6342 Previous topic | Next topic