Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5726
View in linear mode

Subject: "97 Gs clutch adjustment" Previous topic | Next topic
greeneclipseSep-10-06 08:56 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2006
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5726, "97 Gs clutch adjustment"

Hi
I have a 97 eclipse with a clutchmasters stage 4 clutch, only has about 38xxx miles on it, I think it needs adjustment, it has always grapped right at the tip top of the end of the pedal. I have the clutch safety switch adjusted as far back as it can go so the pedal will come all the way up, but can I adjust my master cylinder? I feel a bolt down there but cant seem to break it loose. can it be adjusted?
It feels like its slipping between 2000rpm up to 4000rpm but then graps hard in the higher rpm. Also it shifts fine, no problems there. I always thought it should grab in the middle of the clutch pedal not at the top so I figured it can be adjusted. anythoughts on what I can do? I dont smell clutch when it slips at all.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-12-06 07:07 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5727, "RE: 97 Gs clutch adjustment"
In response to Reply # 0

Right by the clutch switch is a bolt that adjusts in and out. It will be tight your going to have to break it loose and adjust it so it makes contact with the Master cylinder sooner than it is now.

While your at it bleed your clutch as well.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5726 Previous topic | Next topic