Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4861
View in linear mode

Subject: "Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-13-05 07:12 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4861, "Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
Nov-13-05 07:14 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Here are some pictures of the rebuild i just completed.

Here is 2 picts of the master overhaul kit with synchro-rings

Here are a couple picts of the input and output shaft disassembled

The notorious NON-SERVICEABLE output shaft

just a picture of the new press i got and installing the new bearings

I found this method to be pretty easy to reassemble the shafts into the case

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go, totaleklipse97, Nov-13-05 07:23 PM, #1
RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go, Moderatorxcasbonx, Nov-14-05 02:09 AM, #2
RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-14-05 04:05 AM, #3
      RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go, totaleklipse97, Nov-14-05 12:12 PM, #4
           RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go, willmayo, Nov-15-05 09:26 PM, #5
                RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go, ForceFed420a, Nov-16-05 04:31 AM, #6
                     RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-16-05 04:50 AM, #7
                          RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-16-05 08:16 AM, #8
                               RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-16-05 11:40 AM, #9

totaleklipse97Nov-13-05 07:23 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4862, "RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice soo umm when do we get to swap my retrofit into that and take it for a spin?

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorxcasbonxNov-14-05 02:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#4863, "RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
In response to Reply # 1

Nice work Terry, and great pictures.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-14-05 04:05 AM
8331 posts,
#4864, "RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
In response to Reply # 1

Order a kit. this one goes into the black 97 for testing since 3rd is begining to go there. will use the good synchros from this trans to repair that one. That one will go in your car while we rebuild yours. If we rebuild yours in a weekend then it wont matter.

Terry

totaleklipse97Nov-14-05 12:12 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#4865, "RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
In response to Reply # 3

just let me know.. i get off every other weekend.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

willmayoNov-15-05 09:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#4867, "RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
In response to Reply # 4
Nov-15-05 09:26 PM by willmayo

nice, the rebuild kit came with the synchros for the output shaft? funny how a non-servicable unit is servicable huh?

edit: oh wow, 600 posts...

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
S16G @ ~15psi - FMIC - Forged Internals
Clinton Township, MI

ForceFed420aNov-16-05 04:31 AM
Member since Oct 18th 2004
620 posts,
#4868, "RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
In response to Reply # 5

Is that press from Harbor Freight????

Brian

Red 97 Eclipse GS (420a) MTX
Custom Garrett T3 Turbo system
Megasquirt w/52 lb/hr injectors & a Walbro 255
Kicker/Alpine Audio (3 amps, 2 subs)
90 Cav 2.2 TBI auto (winter) <- yeah, it's fast

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-16-05 04:50 AM
8331 posts,
#4869, "RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
In response to Reply # 6

yes that is their 20 ton model. I had to modify the anvil beam to allow the output shaft to fit in-between the beams to press the 5th gear off. I had to cut and space the beams out by 1/2" and re-weld the beams together. For anyone interested the press was on sale for 180.00. the 12ton press wont work, its too small.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-16-05 08:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#4870, "RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
For anyone interested the press was on sale for 180.00. the 12ton press wont work, its too small.

Worked for me for everything else i've done....

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-16-05 11:40 AM
8331 posts,
#4871, "RE: Trans rebuild pictures - 56k sorry no go"
In response to Reply # 8

not if you want to press the output shaft apart. the anvil beams are way to close together about 3" if i recall. if all you want to do is press the bearings in the case then thats fine. I wanted full use of the press not to just re-assemble the trans but also press the output shaft apart since parts are available to rebuild it.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4861 Previous topic | Next topic