Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4519
View in linear mode

Subject: "About the SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Jun-13-05 02:24 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4519, "About the SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT"

Sup guys.
I want to ask this.
I think I shouldn't post here, but I believe alot more people see this thread here. so if admin wants to move it back to the Manual section, go for it. thanks.

Well, I just received the SPEC StageIII clutch from ERT.
The box is very beat up.
But anyway, when I open it. I only see the clutch itself and the bearing. no TOOL.
I thought there will be a tool that comes with it.

Is there?

Thanks all.
Gil

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: About the SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT, totaleklipse97, Jun-13-05 05:15 PM, #1
SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), gilee_8, Jun-13-05 05:44 PM, #2
      RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), RxR_Eclipse, Jun-13-05 06:21 PM, #3
           RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), gilee_8, Jun-14-05 03:04 AM, #4
                RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), MCubed45, Jun-14-05 03:54 AM, #5
                     RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), RxR_Eclipse, Jun-14-05 04:08 AM, #6
                          RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), gilee_8, Jun-14-05 07:53 AM, #7
                               RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), Teamdougie2, Jun-14-05 12:20 PM, #8
                                    RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), MCubed45, Jun-14-05 05:08 PM, #9
                                         RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), gilee_8, Jun-14-05 05:33 PM, #10
                                              RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), gilee_8, Jun-15-05 03:13 AM, #11
                                                   RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), Ducking_Fumbass, Jun-15-05 06:10 AM, #12
                                                        RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), turbo8u, Jun-15-05 06:47 AM, #13
                                                             RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), Teamdougie2, Jun-15-05 07:00 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), turbo8u, Jun-21-05 02:05 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), totaleklipse97, Jun-21-05 06:56 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures), turbo8u, Jun-22-05 07:07 AM, #17

totaleklipse97Jun-13-05 05:15 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4520, "RE: About the SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT"
In response to Reply # 0

no tool, you shouldn't need the alignment tool should just slide on the shaft with no problem. (i have the spec 2 and have installed it 3 times now)

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gilee_8Jun-13-05 05:44 PM
1441 posts,
#4521, "SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 1

Below is what I received: the SPEC 3 clutch & the bearing I believe.

Is every above looks good?

Now below is what I am worrying and questioning.
For the bearing, it seems like they are not symmetrical, or bent or somesort not right.
See the picture, the "ring" thing is not in the center of the bearing. (is this the bearing anyway?)

As you can see, not just the ring is not center, but also the BLACK square thing inside is not center as well. is this normal to anyone who got a SPEC 3 clutch?

Let me know asap!
Thanks guys!
Gil

Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

RxR_EclipseJun-13-05 06:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#4522, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-13-05 06:24 PM by RxR_Eclipse

hmm I did not inspect my spec stage 4 that closely. All fit perfect when I put it in. I also did notice that I don't get any clutch chatter like I did with my stage 3 CM. And yes no tool or anything else. Just the clutch and the TOB.

edit: Gil you win the award for the most posts in any time peroid. .

Kevin
The old:

The new:

gilee_8Jun-14-05 03:04 AM
1441 posts,
#4523, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-14-05 03:15 AM by gilee_8

Well, I really want to make sure I didn't put a defected or broken part in my car (after 6 months of down time)

I really want to know if that's how it should be!
Thanks guys.

Anyone inspected their parts?
It really worries me, coz if the bearing is OFFSET that much like that, that means when it spins at high RPM, it will vibrates, ONLY IF IT IS DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY like that, otherwise I doubt it is ok.
Gil

EDIT: btw, if anyone notice, from ERT site or from SPEC site:
http://catalog.exileracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=215_248_237&products_id=265&osCsid=8891a89d571f3b33561ca07f17d401ab
It clearly indicates that a tool is included as well. well, I don't mind the tool is not there, since everyone said I dont need it, but from the picture shown in the site,it seem like there is TWO small bearing thing? is one of them already inside the clutch assembly? because I only have one (shown from above picture)

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

MCubed45Jun-14-05 03:54 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#4524, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 4

you don't need an alignment tool with a modular clutch. there's nothing to align because it's one piece. you just bolt it to the flexplate and slide the trans back over it. on other cars the clutch will come with the tool because they need it. we don't. unless you converted to a non-modular setup, in which case you ordered the wrong clutch anyways.

did you try putting the bearing on the trans with the fork to see if it works alright? the fork doesn't fit snugly around the bearing so i would think it wouldn't be that big a deal if it's shifted to either side.

-marc

RxR_EclipseJun-14-05 04:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#4525, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 5

FYI be carful with the bering Gil. When you install it, don't force the parts. If you break the little things that holds it to the fork, you will need to buy a new TOB.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

gilee_8Jun-14-05 07:53 AM
1441 posts,
#4527, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks! I will be becareful.

But do I have to worry about the mis-align of the bearing?
I cannot move it back to center lineup. it's FIXED like that.
anyone?

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Teamdougie2Jun-14-05 12:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#4529, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 7

You know... in the past, SPEC's throw out bearing were known to be as good as trash. I'm not sure if they've fixed the problem or not, but you may want to go ahead and just get a new OEM throw out bearing. I'm sure that would ease your mind anyway.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

MCubed45Jun-14-05 05:08 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#4532, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 8

did you at least try putting it on?

-marc

gilee_8Jun-14-05 05:33 PM
1441 posts,
#4533, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 9

I should answer that.
I have my eclipse down at my parent's house (with garage)
and I go down every weekend.

So I will try it ou this weekend. but since I just received, if anyone know, I can call in and get a replacement!
you know what I mean right.

So no one knows for sure?
Thanks guys.
I will give SPEC a call tomorrow and see.
Thanks.

So you think OEM is BETTER then SPEC? or I need a performance bearing? anyone with input on this?

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

gilee_8Jun-15-05 03:13 AM
1441 posts,
#4534, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 10

Just an update, I talked to one of the tech that work for SPEC, and they said that's how it is, once it's in the car, the bearing will realign itself.

Just letting you all know.
Thank again all.
Gil

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Ducking_FumbassJun-15-05 06:10 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#4535, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 11

Well, that's a line of bullshit. He actually told you that the magic bearing will line itself up properly when installed? Did he tell you to sprinkle any fairy dust on it?

Seriously, you have been placated.

turbo8uJun-15-05 06:47 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#4536, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 12

Teamdougie2Jun-15-05 07:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#4537, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 13

That's how SPEC does business... very shady if you ask me. Just go get an OEM throw-out bearing and put the damn tranny back in the car. Everything will be just fine. Just go do it.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

turbo8uJun-21-05 02:05 PM
10552 posts,
#4571, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by dougie2
That's how SPEC does business... very shady if you ask me. Just go get an OEM throw-out bearing and put the damn tranny back in the car. Everything will be just fine. Just go do it.

on a rather comical note about SPEC...

when i ordered my stage III clutch...this is the TOB i got...needless to say it DID NOT work, i was pissed when i had to yank it all out again.

top: one that came in package
bottom: OEM or proper TOB

totaleklipse97Jun-21-05 06:56 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#4573, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by dougie2 That's how SPEC does business... very shady if you ask me. Just go get an OEM throw-out bearing and put the damn tranny back in the car. Everything will be just fine. Just go do it.
on a rather comical note about SPEC... when i ordered my stage III clutch...this is the TOB i got...needless to say it DID NOT work, i was pissed when i had to yank it all out again. top: one that came in package bottom: OEM or proper TOB

And you installed that into your tranny knowing it was not close to being the same shape or size as the OEM?? No offense but.. you should definately check what parts you are installing and make sure they fit before you go thru all that hassle. I know it's spec's fault they sent you the wrong shit, but it's your fault you installed the wrong part!

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

turbo8uJun-22-05 07:07 AM
10552 posts,
#4576, "RE: SPEC STAGE III Clutch from ERT (with pictures)"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
And you installed that into your tranny knowing it was not close to being the same shape or size as the OEM?? No offense but.. you should definately check what parts you are installing and make sure they fit before you go thru all that hassle. I know it's spec's fault they sent you the wrong shit, but it's your fault you installed the wrong part!

actually it was my FIRST clutch job ever, and being a upgraded clutch I figured it was an upgraded TOB or something. it seemed to fit fine, but it did not work right.

then I made a post on 2gnt and they said I needed an OEM bearing

this was back in early 04 if i remember correctly

100% spec's fault, and now I have more SPEC problems a year later...

go figure

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4519 Previous topic | Next topic