Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4478
View in linear mode

Subject: "Spec stage 3 clutch installed..." Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dJun-02-05 01:58 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4478, "Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."

hey, just got my spec stage 3 clutch installed... i have some questions

How is the driving for everyone else... easy to drive, or something to get use to?

Seems like in first its hard has hell not to bark the tires, hop like a bitch, or just kill it. but the rest of the gears seem smooth.

Also, my car is making sort of a weird winding noise, is this the "chatter" that is expected with these clutches within the first 1000 miles or so?

Im asking because I also had a new tranny installed along with it, wondering if the noise is something going wrong, or if all of this is typical...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., Blizare, Jun-02-05 04:16 PM, #1
RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., NHH223, Jun-02-05 06:09 PM, #2
RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., CarbonFiberRST, Jun-02-05 08:01 PM, #3
      RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-02-05 08:13 PM, #4
           RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., CarbonFiberRST, Jun-02-05 09:11 PM, #5
                RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., .bs0d, Jun-03-05 05:11 AM, #6
                     RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., .bs0d, Jun-03-05 09:45 AM, #7
                          RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., .bs0d, Jun-03-05 11:55 AM, #8
                               RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., talonguy2005, Jun-03-05 07:38 PM, #9
                                    RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., CarbonFiberRST, Jun-03-05 09:30 PM, #10
                                         RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..., 95dsmrsproj, Jun-04-05 08:23 PM, #11
                                              RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE, .bs0d, Jun-05-05 07:37 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE, talonguy2005, Jun-05-05 02:19 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE, .bs0d, Jun-05-05 02:42 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE, .bs0d, Jun-06-05 03:20 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE, Teametx, Jun-06-05 05:20 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE, .bs0d, Jun-07-05 01:47 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE, Teametx, Jun-07-05 03:52 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE, grain, Jun-07-05 05:46 PM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE, turbo8u, Jun-11-05 03:46 PM, #20

BlizareJun-02-05 04:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4479, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 0

Did you install it all?

I wouldn't worry about the chatter so much until it's broken in a bit

And it's supposed to grab hard isn't it?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NHH223Jun-02-05 06:09 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#4480, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 0

The Spec Stage 3 I had in my 95 GS last year was mint. I didn't notice any difference really in driveability or anything at all. The car started chattering and what not after about 2k on the clutch. That's about as long as I drove it, since then the GS is being parted out. Should be a good clutch for you, and it can take a heavy beating.

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

CarbonFiberRSTJun-02-05 08:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4481, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 2

Mine would grap hard and I'd almost stall every time for a week or two, then either I got used to it or it loosened up.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-02-05 08:13 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4482, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 3

Chatter should not sound like a whine? Imagine a squirrel cracking nuts behind your motor...lol thats what mine sounds like and it has never gone away. while it idles, if you push in the clutch and give the disk a chance to recenter it goes away till next time you come to a stop and let it idle in neutral.

If its whining, you might want to start checking things.

Terry

CarbonFiberRSTJun-02-05 09:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4483, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-02-05 09:12 PM by CarbonFiberRST

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Chatter should not sound like a whine? Imagine a squirrel cracking nuts behind your motor...lol thats what mine sounds like and it has never gone away. while it idles, if you push in the clutch and give the disk a chance to recenter it goes away till next time you come to a stop and let it idle in neutral. If its whining, you might want to start checking things. Terry

mine is silent, very near stock like once broken in...

.bs0dJun-03-05 05:11 AM
597 posts,
#4484, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 5

I had a local mechanic install them. Another thing is, that the clutch pedal has like no reistance to it. pushes in very easy... I asked the mechanic he said new clutches are that way, and the worse a clutch is, the harder it is to engage the pedal?

.bs0dJun-03-05 09:45 AM
597 posts,
#4485, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 6

does it need bled? can I do that myself, is there a writeup somewhere? or is it simple

.bs0dJun-03-05 11:55 AM
597 posts,
#4486, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 7

found some writeups; will probably do the clutch restrictor mod while im there. One thing though, the clutch fluid level is on max...maybe there is air though in the line?

talonguy2005Jun-03-05 07:38 PM
Member since May 16th 2004
1473 posts,
#4487, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 8

dude, new clutches DO have pedal pressure. Especially the spec stage 3, it has slightly more than stock. You need to bleed your lines, it is very simple.

1992 Plymouth Laser
-Bone stock for now.

CarbonFiberRSTJun-03-05 09:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4488, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 9

mine seemed easier to push than my centerforce and it seemed easier than stock... its not hard by any means...

95dsmrsprojJun-04-05 08:23 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2003
375 posts,
#4489, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed..."
In response to Reply # 10

Sounds like the throwout bearing rattling??? I have had this same prob with the sachs throwout bearing that came with my clutch when I bought it. It rattles, and if you engage/then disengage the clutch just right while sitting still...it settles it. I wouldn't worry about it..I've driven over a year with it like that, and my prob is def. the bearing. Maybe there's another one made with tighter tolerances. Just my thoughts.

.bs0dJun-05-05 07:37 AM
597 posts,
#4490, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 11

Hey everyone,
I just got done bleeding the clutch and I also done the clutch restrictor mod while I was there. I have gained some resistance or pressure in the clutch pedal. I took it for a spin and 1st gear and the rest for that matter act alot better.

The next thing Im gonna do is pick up some tranny fluid from satan and drain whatever is in it;

talonguy2005Jun-05-05 02:19 PM
Member since May 16th 2004
1473 posts,
#4491, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 12

sweet, glad to hear you got it running better. Also do you still have that winding noise?

1992 Plymouth Laser
-Bone stock for now.

.bs0dJun-05-05 02:42 PM
597 posts,
#4492, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 13

not noticed yet... i took it around the block. i'll know more once I change out that tranny fluid. will post update again

.bs0dJun-06-05 03:20 PM
597 posts,
#4493, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 14

wow, i changed the tranny fluid today and i think it helped a bunch. The only problems I have when shifting is if the rpm's are too low. Overall, its clared up alot and each day im more happy to have bought it.

TeametxJun-06-05 05:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#4494, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 15
Jun-06-05 05:22 PM by etx

The Spec stage 3 is a great clutch for the money, I think. Mine started slipping right at 430 ft/lbs (exactly what it's rated I believe), it's easy to drive, it's lasted over 10k miles without issue. But the Throw out berring does rattle a bit, and I do get some chatter when shifting at high rpms if I don't engage quick enough.

Edit:
If your hearing a whine, that's your trans. If you had it installed somewhere they probably justed generic MT fluid which pisses the NV-t350 right off, or so I hear. I've never tried it. Best to stick to the oem fluid.

.bs0dJun-07-05 01:47 AM
597 posts,
#4495, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 16

i guess i didnt mention that I did use the proper Mopar tranny fluid from the dealer. did you say your clutch only lasted a bit over 10k though?

TeametxJun-07-05 03:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#4496, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by .bs0d
i guess i didnt mention that I did use the proper Mopar tranny fluid from the dealer. did you say your clutch only lasted a bit over 10k though?

Over 10k miles and still going strong.

grainJun-07-05 05:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#4499, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 18

spec stage 3 clutch is garbage.

turbo8uJun-11-05 03:46 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#4511, "RE: Spec stage 3 clutch installed...UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by grain
spec stage 3 clutch is garbage.

hear hear

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4478 Previous topic | Next topic