Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #433
View in linear mode

Subject: "is my trany screwed of what?" Previous topic | Next topic
zhr420Apr-12-03 05:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#433, "is my trany screwed of what?"

well i just had my trany rebuilt from a shop that i trust, meanin they won't try to screw me but am not sure if tey did things right, anyway i had it rebuilt and now if i shift into third at any RPM above 4k it zipps into gear, it doesn't grind but rather zipps, if i shift under 4k RPMs then everything is fine. the trany it self is a bit notchy overall, but tha maybe because it's still new.
so my question why is third givin me a problem.
right now i am thinkin of replacing it with a used one but i don't have the 500 to do that.
I HATE MY CAR!!!
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

95_ESi_PersonApr-16-03 07:33 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#459, "RE: is my trany screwed of what?"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-16-03 07:34 AM by 95_ESi_Person

mine did that too. shifting was hard. before the rebuild i had melted gears, main shaft bearing was melted and was "camming" around. i got new gears and synchros. it still made a sound, and it was hard to shift. brought it back and a bearing was out. now it is just dandy, but leaking.

oh they also put ATF+4 in mine.. i know people say not to use it but the thing has never felt better! smooth and easy going. shifts "like buttah" <-- hehe, SNL stuff. oh yeah, sounds great too, meaning can't hear it.

damn axle shaft seals, leaking from both of 'em. they have been replaced 5 times due to leaking (oh yeah, all in one week) and it's still doing it!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Sorry_i_WinMay-15-03 02:17 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#706, "RE: is my trany screwed of what?"
In response to Reply # 1

i think mine are leakin too... and my tranny is starting to make funny noises now too.. argh.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #433 Previous topic | Next topic