Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #374
View in linear mode

Subject: "how long did yrs last??" Previous topic | Next topic
solareclipsegurlApr-06-03 05:14 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
254 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#374, "how long did yrs last??"

well my turbo kit is almost done..finally=).. but i'm concerned about the clutch.. I was curious how long all of those with turbos lasted after yr kits were installed.. I've heard some say they are still on their original clutch all the way to ruining a clutch 14 days after the turbo was installed.. I konw eventually i'll need to replace it, but i wanna know if i should order it now so its in if my oem one is gonna burn out fast..

~Lisa~

www.liquidimaginationz.com
www.extremecarsinc.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: how long did yrs last??, Fast420A, Apr-06-03 05:18 PM, #1
RE: how long did yrs last??, TeamJasonESi_T, Apr-06-03 06:40 PM, #2
RE: how long did yrs last??, 420aVenger, Apr-06-03 06:48 PM, #3
      RE: how long did yrs last??, solareclipsegurl, Apr-07-03 02:55 PM, #4
           RE: how long did yrs last??, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-08-03 10:23 AM, #5
                RE: how long did yrs last??, 98Turbo420A, Apr-08-03 01:32 PM, #6
                     RE: how long did yrs last??, HadesOmega, Apr-10-03 04:47 PM, #7

Fast420AApr-06-03 05:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#375, "RE: how long did yrs last??"
In response to Reply # 0

What PSI are you going to run? The higher the boost, the shorter the lifespan unless it's already on it's way out.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TApr-06-03 06:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#376, "RE: how long did yrs last??"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd say most people only burn it out if they're boosting more than 10-12 psi or so.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

420aVengerApr-06-03 06:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#377, "RE: how long did yrs last??"
In response to Reply # 2

Mine held 11psi for a couple months and grabbed strong every time. It started slipping the day I started running 15psi. I'd say ~200WHP is the "safe" point.

solareclipsegurlApr-07-03 02:55 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
254 posts,
#390, "RE: how long did yrs last??"
In response to Reply # 3

well right now its working great=).. and i only plan to run bout 6.5psi.. so from the sounds of it.. seems like it'll hold out=).. thanx for the input guys

~Lisa~

www.liquidimaginationz.com
www.extremecarsinc.com

TeamMichael_97RSApr-08-03 10:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#399, "RE: how long did yrs last??"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah the 6-7psi range sock should hold fine if it's in good condition and you are not beating on it everyday, then no clutch will be happy with you. It comes down to driving style as much as mileage and power output of course plays a big key.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

98Turbo420AApr-08-03 01:32 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
80 posts,
#402, "RE: how long did yrs last??"
In response to Reply # 5

Mine's going on three years of repediatly beating the hell out of it.

N/T Wiseman DSMTuners.com
N/T Guru Southeast DSM

HadesOmegaApr-10-03 04:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#424, "RE: how long did yrs last??"
In response to Reply # 6

mine was still on the stock clutch I got a 95 and it still grabbed strong b4 I rebuilt the engine and changed it. It slipped a little when it got hot but it still grabbed. One thing that really messes it up is driving it hard when yo have a lotta weight in the car. I try to be gentle on the drivetrain also always double clutching and heel and toe...

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #374 Previous topic | Next topic