Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3670
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch Problems after install..." Previous topic | Next topic
2gntnewbieNov-22-04 04:39 AM
Member since May 25th 2004
89 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3670, "Clutch Problems after install..."

Ok, here goes...

I just had my clutch changed and installed, however, the guys who installed it said nothing was out of the ordinary and everything went fine. But, when I drive my car now, it feels like the clutch is catching too high and that even with the clutch pedal down, it grinds a little into 2 and 3, and when down shifting into first.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on? lol I spent all this time and money and now I feel like I didnt even fix the problem.

I did the search and I think it could be the fluid they used, or the syncro's for those gears, any ideas?

Thanks so much,

Marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-30-04 08:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3693, "RE: Clutch Problems after install..."
In response to Reply # 0

Brand new clutches feel funny. Give it time to wear in and it'll slowly regain its normalcy.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSNov-30-04 04:16 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#3695, "RE: Clutch Problems after install..."
In response to Reply # 1

Try bleeding the clutch line also..Air can get introduced into the hydrolic line when the slave cylinder is taken off the trans. Happened once to me..Even though its a new clutch, it should be fully disengaging..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3670 Previous topic | Next topic