Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3583
View in linear mode

Subject: "95 mtx ecu?" Previous topic | Next topic
Eklypz420Oct-11-04 05:13 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
385 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3583, "95 mtx ecu?"

im doing the 5 speed swap and was told there are 4 different ECU's for that year, how do I know which one I will need ?
Jim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-12-04 06:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3586, "RE: 95 mtx ecu?"
In response to Reply # 0

Any of them should (in theory) run your car.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Oct-12-04 02:03 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#3587, "RE: 95 mtx ecu?"
In response to Reply # 1

get the non-cali one if you can. the california ones are watered down a bit for emissions.

at least that's the way it was explained to me when i was looking for a replacement ecu

-marc

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-12-04 03:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3588, "RE: 95 mtx ecu?"
In response to Reply # 2

True. As well, they *should* be backward compatible within the 95 model year. In all likelyhood, the only ECU you can buy as a replacement from Satan would be that last revision made for your model car.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

thedawgOct-18-04 07:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3600, "RE: 95 mtx ecu?"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-18-04 07:35 AM by thedawg

In my opinion, all the 95 ecus should work (except the ones made prior to 6/15/94) interchangably.

The only differences will be things that may throw a CEL or two for missing smog equipment that won't affect drivability at all.

Obviously the auto transmission models will have a lower rev limiter.

The dealership seems to use the same flash update image file on every 95 MTX ecu, so that makes me believe the only differences are minor software settings. If you don't want the CEL, have your older 95 ECU flashed to the lastest revision and it should work perfectly.

MCubed45Oct-20-04 02:30 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#3601, "RE: 95 mtx ecu?"
In response to Reply # 4
Oct-20-04 02:30 AM by MCubed45

Originally posted by thedawg
In my opinion, all the 95 ecus should work (except the ones made prior to 6/15/94) interchangably. The only differences will be things that may throw a CEL or two for missing smog equipment that won't affect drivability at all. Obviously the auto transmission models will have a lower rev limiter. The dealership seems to use the same flash update image file on every 95 MTX ecu, so that makes me believe the only differences are minor software settings. If you don't want the CEL, have your older 95 ECU flashed to the lastest revision and it should work perfectly.

is there anyplace to get this done besides the dealership?

they want to charge me a $100 diagnostic fee even though i've explained to them the reason my CEL is on. code 36 pulsed secondary air injection system. fuckers.

either that or if someone can figure out what the sensor needs to 'see' to not throw a code. it can probably done in a similar manner to the resistor mod for the rear 02 sensor....

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3583 Previous topic | Next topic