Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #353
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch pedal is messed up?" Previous topic | Next topic
invaznGSTApr-04-03 05:22 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#353, "Clutch pedal is messed up?"

When I drive for a long period of time..say over 2 hours straight in 5th gear and then step on my clutch pedal and put my car in neutral my clutch pedal feels REALLY REALLY SOFT..like there's no pressure/tension..sometimes like today i drove 3 or 4 hours straight and when i pushed the pedal in to disengage 5th gear the pedal wouldn't come back up without me pulling it back up with my foot. After about 30 seconds of pressing the clutch pedal in and out it finally had some pressure behidn it..anyone know what's wrong? Maybe master or slave clutch cylinder or whatever? Is it easy to fix? My clutch seems fine cause when I drive short distances or in the city it feels stiff like it should.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

invaznGSTApr-04-03 05:27 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#354, "RE: Clutch pedal is messed up?"
In response to Reply # 0

oh yeah one more thing..i have to drive back to college on sunday which is 400 miles away and then 400 miles back home at the end of the year...there is no autozone by my college. Would it be cheap for a shop to do it? Or could I wait like another 1,000-2,000 miles until the summer and rebuilt the master/slave cylinder? I mean in the city and short distances my clutch is perfect. On LONG LONG trips in 5th gear it gets VERY soft and I have to give it some assistance. Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

derekApr-04-03 08:19 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
325 posts,
#357, "RE: Clutch pedal is messed up?"
In response to Reply # 1

Haven't you asked this before? Anyways.. check around your clutch pedal and you should be able to see the rod that goes through the firewall.. If there's fluid there, you need to rebuild your master cylinder (I just did that today and it cost me in total 12 bux (7 for kit, 5 for brake fluid). Or check if there's leaks in the lines. Then lastly, check your clutch slave cylinder (lift up the back rubber) and check if there's a leak. If so, then rebuild that too =D.
It doesn't take more than 1 hour to do everything. Hope that helps.
-derek

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #353 Previous topic | Next topic