Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3506
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???" Previous topic | Next topic
chopedtobitsSep-19-04 03:39 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2003
65 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3506, "Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"

I got some new transmission fluid and i have no idea where to pour it ive looked all over and i have no idea where i put it. someone please help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, DJ420a, Sep-19-04 03:43 PM, #1
RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, Ark, Sep-19-04 05:35 PM, #2
      RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, Ducking_Fumbass, Sep-19-04 05:46 PM, #3
           RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, DSMRoadster, Sep-19-04 08:42 PM, #4
                RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, Blizare, Sep-20-04 04:59 AM, #5
                RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, Steve, Sep-20-04 05:02 AM, #6
                     RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, chopedtobits, Sep-21-04 12:53 PM, #7
                          RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, wite96gs, Sep-21-04 02:47 PM, #8
RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, Teamner947, Sep-21-04 03:36 PM, #9
RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, SilverRS, Sep-23-04 04:11 AM, #10
      RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, Teamner947, Sep-25-04 09:43 AM, #11
           RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, MCubed45, Sep-27-04 01:03 PM, #12
                RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???, Ducking_Fumbass, Sep-28-04 11:26 AM, #13

DJ420aSep-19-04 03:43 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3507, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 0

Automatic or manual?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ArkSep-19-04 05:35 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#3508, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 1

Have you considered getting a Chilton's or Haynes?

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

Ducking_FumbassSep-19-04 05:46 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#3509, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 2

I'd consider pouring it into the right section of the forum, one of the transmission forums.

Seriously, though, the automatic needs to be filled through the dipshit. I mean, dipstick.

The manual can either be filled through the hole in the side that has a rubber plug in it, or through the reverse light switch. I usually pull out the rubber plug and fill it through the reverse light switch. This prevents overfilling (unless, of course, the driveway is not level). That's why I do this in a garage, where the floor is level.

DSMRoadsterSep-19-04 08:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#3510, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 3

I think the reverse light switch, is the best place to pour it.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

BlizareSep-20-04 04:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#3511, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 4

if its a manual....its on the driver side on the tranny. you'll have to push a plastic cover(wheelwell/engine cover) and theres a rubber plug you pull out. easy. you'll need a tube and a tapered screwon adapter to plug the hose onto and squeeze the fluid throuhg th tube.

does that make sense. ? lol

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

SteveSep-20-04 05:02 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#3512, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
I think the reverse light switch, is the best place to pour it.

easiest way to do it..take out the reverse light and pour it right in. I almost attempted taking the wheel off and goin through all that but the reverse light did the trick so fast..took like 2 minutes..

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

chopedtobitsSep-21-04 12:53 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2003
65 posts,
#3522, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 6

ok i have the only kind of eclipse there is to own. manual. not gsx though thats obviously a dream. ok anyway now u guys say the reverse light do u mean on my rear bumper pull out one of the reverse lights cause that makes no sense but whatever u guys say. and wheres the plug in the engine? ive been looking everywhere on the damn drivers side by where the old intake used to be and i cant find a fuckin thing.

wite96gsSep-21-04 02:47 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
#3524, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by chopedtobits
ok i have the only kind of eclipse there is to own. manual. not gsx though thats obviously a dream. ok anyway now u guys say the reverse light do u mean on my rear bumper pull out one of the reverse lights cause that makes no sense but whatever u guys say. and wheres the plug in the engine? ive been looking everywhere on the damn drivers side by where the old intake used to be and i cant find a fuckin thing.

ummmmmmmmmm, have you considered taking it somewhere???? you might want to if your too unfamiliar with what you are doing. if you are confident in what you are doing, then remove the driver side front wheel, and look real hard at the tranny, you'll see a rubber plug. it actually took me a while to see it the first time I changed my fluid. I beleive it is more towards the differential portion of it, where the driveshaft comes out. when you see it you'll probably say somewthing like "what kinda shit is this... a rubber plug?" and that's it, pour in your new fluid, make sure you torque your plug back down to 65ft/lbs or so and your good to go.

Teamner947Sep-21-04 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#3525, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 0

Why are there 8 replies to this thread? It needed 1, at the most.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

SilverRSSep-23-04 04:11 AM
Member since Aug 03rd 2003
274 posts,
#3538, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 9

I used the driver side plug. Can anybody explain where the reverse light is? I would like to try this next time.

Teamner947Sep-25-04 09:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#3548, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 10

RTFM

In case you don't have one, the reverse light switch is a 2 pin connector right in front of the battery. It is on the top of the transmission. I believe it's some sort of -4 or -6 AN fitting, because I noticed it's the same thread and diameter as the ports on my Aeromotive regulator, which was the same as my old S-FMU. You can get to it without taking the battery out, but you will probably have to take off the intake pipe.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

MCubed45Sep-27-04 01:03 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#3553, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 11

so you don't fill it up through the reverse lights on the back of the car?

-marc

Ducking_FumbassSep-28-04 11:26 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#3555, "RE: Where the hell do i pour my tranny fluid???"
In response to Reply # 12

I have found that an O2 sensor socket fits the reverse switch. Just unplug the switch before removing it.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3506 Previous topic | Next topic