Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3460
View in linear mode

Subject: "atx to 5 speed swap must it be the same year?" Previous topic | Next topic
pn0ymahalSep-14-04 11:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3460, "atx to 5 speed swap must it be the same year?"

hi all. from what i remember from other post is that if i do the auto to 5 speed swap i need to have the tranny from the same exact year model as mine? since mine is a 99 i would need a 5 speed 420a tranny from a 99? same goes for the ecu correct? or can it be from 95-99?
thanks
Michael
99gs HRC Stage 4000+ 8-Injector Setup
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSSep-14-04 07:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3461, "RE: atx to 5 speed swap must it be the same year?"
In response to Reply # 0

Doesn't matter, anything 95-99 is fine, you can also use some 2G Neon trnasmissions because the bellhousing is set up for the Hydrolic clutch system. Read thorugh thr tran sinfo on the main page and you can find which ones will swap out and have the gear ratios you are looking for.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
So. All that's left, is... everything - Jesse James

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ChamukoSep-16-04 06:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#3472, "RE: atx to 5 speed swap must it be the same year?"
In response to Reply # 1

Any year is fine. The Ecu has to be 98 or 99 thought ( not needed but its nicer). Everything else (hardware) is the same.

I think its the 2000 + neons that are the same. So are the sebring and avenger trannys for the 4cyl models.

SOHC neons have a 3.55 final drive (taller 5th, so its ok for higher HP cars)and DOHC models have a 3.94 final drive. You will still need a bell housing from an avenger, eclipse or 2000+ neon with a hydraulic clutch system ( the older neons use a cable system).

its all here

http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=6&categories=Manual+Tranny

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

willmayoSep-22-04 04:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#3530, "RE: atx to 5 speed swap must it be the same year?"
In response to Reply # 2

are you saying you can use a 98 ecu in a 99? shit if i wouldve known that i wouldve gotten an ecu a while ago, i still have the atx ecu and it sucks not having the extra revs.

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
S16G @ ~15psi - FMIC - Forged Internals
Clinton Township, MI

ChamukoSep-22-04 07:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#3534, "RE: atx to 5 speed swap must it be the same year?"
In response to Reply # 3

as far as I understand it , yes you can.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3460 Previous topic | Next topic