Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3429
View in linear mode

Subject: "What clutch?" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTSep-04-04 07:04 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3429, "What clutch?"

Was wondering if anyone could point to me a nice clutch to use when i get the motor all together and get rid of the factory one.

I was thinking that the spec stage 2 steel would work for me and be okay since i do daily drive my car pretty much.

any other ideas or thoughts?

JE pistons 8:8 .020; Eagle H-beams; standard rod/main bearings; OEM water pump; Melling oil pump; ARP Head studs; Crane turbo cams
OBX Intake manifold; OBX Fuel rail; Bosch 440 injectors; 4:1 FMU; S-AFC; MLS headgasket; MP 60mm TB; Star stage 2 w/ fmic

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What clutch?, siueclipse, Sep-04-04 10:23 AM, #1
RE: What clutch?, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-04-04 10:25 AM, #2
      RE: What clutch?, siueclipse, Sep-04-04 10:36 AM, #3
           RE: What clutch?, injendsm, Sep-04-04 10:51 AM, #4
           RE: What clutch?, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-04-04 11:03 AM, #6
           RE: What clutch?, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-04-04 10:52 AM, #5
                RE: What clutch?, injendsm, Sep-04-04 12:08 PM, #7
                     RE: What clutch?, Sorry_i_Win, Sep-04-04 03:43 PM, #8
                          RE: What clutch?, DSMRoadster, Sep-04-04 06:33 PM, #9
                               RE: What clutch?, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-05-04 04:46 AM, #10
                                    RE: What clutch?, TeamMichael_97RS, Sep-08-04 08:13 AM, #11

siueclipseSep-04-04 10:23 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3430, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 0

cluchmasters stage 2 or 3

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTSep-04-04 10:25 AM
6314 posts,
#3431, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 1

so go with a clutchmasters you say? hmmmmm

i was gonna buy this one ....

http://exileracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=215_248_237&products_id=264

siueclipseSep-04-04 10:36 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#3432, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 2

you should do a search on spec clutch on here, because every time ive seen someone mention a spec clutch, its not a good thing.

injendsmSep-04-04 10:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#3433, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 3

if you are boosting, especially if you rebuilt your bottom end, get a stage 3 or 4 clutch.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

eclipse982nrRSTSep-04-04 11:03 AM
6314 posts,
#3434, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 4

ya i am boosting. with the rebuild and all, i will be boosting on like 14-16psi. i thought stage 3 and 4 clutches were pretty much all race though.....

i searched and seen more good than bad on SPEC clutches.
i also found that clutchmasters stage 2 clutch is $795! thats way pricey!

i think if boosting, i could use the SPEC stage 3 modular ... whats your thoughts on using that clucth?

also, whats a good flywheel to use if i get the spec stage 3 modular??

eclipse982nrRSTSep-04-04 10:52 AM
6314 posts,
#3435, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 3

okay thanks for the advice.
i checked summit racing, howell and exile and they dont have the clutchmasters for n/t eclipse.
you know a site i could check some prices out.

im looking for a stage 2 bcause i will be daily driving my car pretty much. most stage 3's are pretty much all race.

injendsmSep-04-04 12:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#3436, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
okay thanks for the advice. i checked summit racing, howell and exile and they dont have the clutchmasters for n/t eclipse. you know a site i could check some prices out. im looking for a stage 2 bcause i will be daily driving my car pretty much. most stage 3's are pretty much all race.

where did you hear that? pretty much every person on this site with a rebuilt motor and double digit boost numbers are using stage 3 clutches at the very least. a stage 3 will hold more power. it probably wont be as comfortable as your current clutch but you can daily drive with it. hell, grain on this board has a s25g boosted rs with a built bottom end and he daily drives it using a spec stage 3. trust me, you do not want to settle for a stage 2.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Sorry_i_WinSep-04-04 03:43 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#3437, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm very happy with my southbend dxd clutch... but i still havent drove it enough to consider it broken it yet.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

DSMRoadsterSep-04-04 06:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#3438, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 8

I sported a CM4 on 15psi daily. THAT MOTHERFUCKER ONLY LASTED 10K MILES! It was great while it lasted, but then it just all slipped in one day. I'm going with a non mod set up. Looking for a neon flywheel and turned it .33 iirc and then getting a custom one from clutch dynamics. Fuck spending another 800 on a clutch.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

eclipse982nrRSTSep-05-04 04:46 AM
6314 posts,
#3439, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 9

How does the SPEC stage 3 sound with upgraded aluminum flywheel from SPEC??

TeamMichael_97RSSep-08-04 08:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#3440, "RE: What clutch?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
How does the SPEC stage 3 sound with upgraded aluminum flywheel from SPEC??

I use a Spec Stage 2 clutch and like it a lot. We also sell them.

The Stage 3 can have some chatter durig engagement, but that's common among higher stage clutches.

Off to the manual trans section.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
So. All that's left, is... everything - Jesse James

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3429 Previous topic | Next topic